• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to remove home screens?

Legacy Fan

Nov 12, 2010
I've searched fairly extensively in the forums for the answer, but every thread seems to be dedicated to adding home screens.

I use no more than 8 -10 apps. How do I remove homescreens? I hate that it fouls up my wallpaper pictures that I'm trying to use. Overzoomed & over pixelated - how do I fix this?

I don't want to have to crop my photos taken from the droid camera. I want to frame the picture vertically with the camera, and use the image as my homescreen wall paper? My current screen looks like I used a VGA webcam to take the picture, not a 5MP camera. (Or even my Canon T2i when I try to use an image taken from that)

Any help appreciated!

edit:
I've tried researching some Launcher pro stuff but I'm new to android and don't really have any idea where to get a launcher pro 101 or cliffs notes. Everything currently just seems to be updates and bug fixes.

I am assuming you are stock and not rooted. Launcher Pro is available from the market and when searching for it use LauncherPro with no space. The dev is Frederico Carnales, which you can also search for. Launcher Pro will allow you to have from 1 to 7 home screens. It also has a quick launch dock that you can customize. It will allow up to 3 sets of docks that you switch between with a swipe. So in essence you can have nothing on your one home screen and still be able to launch 12 different apps with the dock. It is very flexible and simple to use. I find it faster than the stock launcher and it has tons of options to configure it to work any way you want. I'm not sure that the launcher will fix your bad picture problem, but its worth a look.

Good Luck,
BigRedGonzo

Reactions: Legacy Fan
Upvote 0
I downloaded it (LP) and couldn't even get it running. Ha! I thought I was slightly more savvy than this. It said it installed properly - who knows.

edit: And yes, my phone isn't rooted. My inability to run launcherpro after installing it reassures me that I wont be rooting my phone - unless I lose by BlackBerry paperweight.

Upvote 0
I couldn't even begin to tell you why it doesn't run. When I install a Home Replacement app, whenever I touch the Home button it asks me which one I want to use until I choose a default. You may want to try going to menu>settings>applications>manage applications choose the All Apps tab at the top of the screen and find the Launcher app. Hit the menu button and on the resulting screen there should be a Clear Defaults button. If that doesn't work, I'm at a loss. I know several people that run LP and have no problems at all. I, myself, have installed it on multiple occasions (I like to switch around at times) and never had any problems with it running. Anyway, I hope this helps.

BigRedGonzo

Upvote 0
I couldn't even begin to tell you why it doesn't run. When I install a Home Replacement app, whenever I touch the Home button it asks me which one I want to use until I choose a default. You may want to try going to menu>settings>applications>manage applications choose the All Apps tab at the top of the screen and find the Launcher app. Hit the menu button and on the resulting screen there should be a Clear Defaults button. If that doesn't work, I'm at a loss. I know several people that run LP and have no problems at all. I, myself, have installed it on multiple occasions (I like to switch around at times) and never had any problems with it running. Anyway, I hope this helps.

BigRedGonzo

I had no idea the "home" button is what "launched" launcherpro. I got it running-thank you. Still messing with it & the wallpapers thanks again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones