How to remove lock screen?General

Last Updated:

1. frankkduf

frankkduf Banned This Topic's Starter

I would like to know if its possible to completly remove lock screen. I tried a tird party app named no lock, it worked, but when i received a sms i saw that it was not deleating the lock screen when you receive sms so anyone know how to get rid of this

Advertisement
  2. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

Settings --> Location and Security --> Set up Screen lock --> None.

3. frankkduf

its not working when i hit it (none) it brings me back to the previous screen and the lock is still there?

4. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

There's an app on the market called "No Lock". It should do what you want. I can't say if its any good as I haven't tried it.

5. greggebhardt

greggebhardt Well-Known Member

No one has really read you post. You want to get rid of the lock screen all together, they are describing how to get rid of a password to unlock the screen. The no lock software has bugs and does not work well from what other poster have said.

6. cys920622

cys920622 Well-Known Member

My SGSII doesn't show the lock screen even if I get a call or text. Maybe it's different depending on firmware. I'm running 2.3.4. Also, I've noticed that with the lock on or off, either way the screen turns on when a text is received but BOTH cases, the screen turns off within 5 seconds, so it shouldn't cause toooo much trouble in your pocket.

On my phone it doesn't cause many glitches. It did cause a few problems on my Atrix on startup though, but all I had to do was lock and unlock again.

7. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

Sorry. Slightly drunk. Just skimmed the thread and missed you mentioned no lock. My bad.

8. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

No Lock is fine for me.

I stopped screen waking on SMS receipt by freezing stock messaging app and using Handcent SMS instead (did that because stock messaging didn't work with BLN, but now does anyways).

9. frankkduf

I am rooted, there is no way to trash the lock screen with an app like titanium or something? thats bad