How to remove lock screen?General

1. I would like to know if its possible to completly remove lock screen. I tried a tird party app named no lock, it worked, but when i received a sms i saw that it was not deleating the lock screen when you receive sms so anyone know how to get rid of this

Advertisement
  2. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

Settings --> Location and Security --> Set up Screen lock --> None.
  3. its not working when i hit it (none) it brings me back to the previous screen and the lock is still there?
  4. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

There's an app on the market called "No Lock". It should do what you want. I can't say if its any good as I haven't tried it.
  5. greggebhardt

greggebhardt Well-Known Member

No one has really read you post. You want to get rid of the lock screen all together, they are describing how to get rid of a password to unlock the screen. The no lock software has bugs and does not work well from what other poster have said.
  6. cys920622

cys920622 Well-Known Member

My SGSII doesn't show the lock screen even if I get a call or text. Maybe it's different depending on firmware. I'm running 2.3.4. Also, I've noticed that with the lock on or off, either way the screen turns on when a text is received but BOTH cases, the screen turns off within 5 seconds, so it shouldn't cause toooo much trouble in your pocket.

On my phone it doesn't cause many glitches. It did cause a few problems on my Atrix on startup though, but all I had to do was lock and unlock again.
  7. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

Sorry. Slightly drunk. Just skimmed the thread and missed you mentioned no lock. My bad.
  8. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

No Lock is fine for me.

I stopped screen waking on SMS receipt by freezing stock messaging app and using Handcent SMS instead (did that because stock messaging didn't work with BLN, but now does anyways).
  9. I am rooted, there is no way to trash the lock screen with an app like titanium or something? thats bad