• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to remove Quadrapop & Moxier?

Did you do the one click root or the full root that is on XDA?

If you did the full XDA root then it would have removed them for you here is what was cleared from my phone when rooting

@adb shell rm /system/app/off*
@adb shell rm /system/app/play*
@adb shell rm /system/app/track*
@adb shell rm /system/app/EManual*
@adb shell rm /system/app/SemcIME*
@adb shell rm /system/app/AndroidQuadrapop*
@adb shell rm /system/app/SEMCTouchPal*
@adb shell rm /system/app/se-supp*
@adb shell rm /system/app/Fota*
@adb shell rm /system/app/Launch*
@adb shell rm /system/app/mox*
@adb shell rm /system/app/FaceRecognition*
@adb shell rm /data/app/*.zip
@adb shell rm -r /etc/semc/startupshow
@adb shell rm -r /etc/semc/preset/app

Upvote 0
When it comes time to root mine, I think I will just keep Quadrapop anyways.
I play with it when the battery gets down under 20% and it chews up battery like crazy, so I quit around 5% left. This way I get a deep charge on the battery in a timely and convenient manner - when I am going to bed, at home for a while, or will be stationary for about 8 hours...

Upvote 0
Okay, please assume I'm a complete idiot (even though I'm not)...

Rooted my X10i, rebranded to Nordic, installed 2.1, rooted again as soon as I could. Now I'm having huge problems getting rid of Moxier, even using Titanium.

When I long-press in Titanium, I get the option to uninstall Moxier, which I select. So far so good. I get a screen saying my phone will reboot twice and the application will be removed permanently. I start the process...

I get one reboot and Moxier still sticking there like a bad rash. I've tried about 20 times, I've tried waiting up to 10 minutes for the second reboot, I've tried not unlocking my SIM...I don't know what else to try.

WTF am I doing wrong? Someone help me, please...I've hated this Moxier crap from day one and I want it gone!

Upvote 0
When I long-press in Titanium, I get the option to uninstall Moxier, which I select. So far so good. I get a screen saying my phone will reboot twice and the application will be removed permanently. I start the process...
Hi.

You don't long press, you just tap for the uninstall option...

2en9elt.png

...and not sure why it's rebooting either, it should just remove which ever app you're selecting and take you back to TB.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones