How to remove recent app from notification barSupport

1. circleoflife

circleoflife Well-Known Member

Seriously what is the point of this? if I wanted recent app just hold the home key down. It's taking up some valuable space in the notification window.

My EVO is rooted and I'm using the basic virgin mobile ROM.

Advertisement
  2. lEquin0xl

lEquin0xl Well-Known Member

You see the icon that shows 2 rectangles next to the Virgin Mobile section? Just touch it :).
    [​IMG]
  3. circleoflife

OMG, what the! I don't have that! Just have a straight black bar with Virgin Mobile no rectangles, nothing!

you're using the regular virgin mobile stock rom too?

or wait Harmonia from your profile, maybe that is the reason?
  4. Brian706

Brian706 Moderator Moderator

Try swiping the item in the task bar. Just swipe your finger across it and see if that works.
  5. circleoflife

Nope, Nothing! :( Now I'm really annoyed by this. I'll take a screenshot tomorrow and post it here.

ugh.
  6. lEquin0xl

lEquin0xl Well-Known Member

I'm actually on Unlocked Potential, but I'm pretty sure I had that icon even when I first bought the phone.
  7. Brian706

Brian706 Moderator Moderator

What app is it? What if you fully exit the app? Also if that doesn't work go into settings and go to the applications section and try force stopping that app.
  8. anonymous420

anonymous420 Well-Known Member

ok you talking about the apps that show up in the notifications bar that looks like this right ??

[​IMG]

just hold down the home button and then swipe then away

[​IMG]

and then BAMMM no more apps in the notification status :D

[​IMG]
    ricros likes this.
  9. TDOW

TDOW Well-Known Member

Is there a more permanent solution? Have to keep swyping the apps away.
  10. anonymous420

anonymous420 Well-Known Member

permanent solution on a STOCK ROM nope. not much you can do there is semi permanent or sort of permanent but that's it . the only way to get a permanent solution will be with a custom ROM cuz on a custom ROM you can pretty much tweak EVERYTHING around there is no limits :D
    Semi permanent solution on stock ROM will be to set up a app killer to auto kill every app every 10 minutes or every time the screen goes off i know that you can do that with Advance Task killer from the play store
    TDOW likes this.