1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

how to remove small contact picture in text message appSupport

1. tonmarchelli

tonmarchelli Member

does anybody know how to get rid of the contact picture beside each message in the messaging app? not necessarily the one on the main messaging screen but once you go into each individual conversation. I usually don't assign pictures to my contacts and the small smiley face next to each message is driving me crazy.

thanks for the input.

Advertisement
    :
  2. tonmarchelli

tonmarchelli Member

Any ideas. Thanks.
  3. DM51

DM51 Member

I'd like to know too. That idiotic default icon is enough to drive anyone nuts. Is there a way to replace it with something different?
  4. thahim

thahim Well-Known Member

I don't have contact pictures in messaging app. I haven't changed any settings too
  5. titan2005

titan2005 Well-Known Member

You'll need to edit certain xml file in SecPhone.apk
  6. tonmarchelli

tonmarchelli Member

phone not rooted.

Here is a screen shot of what im talking about, stock messenger app, i used to be ablet to find this setting on my note 2 and i cant seem to find it any more. this is a screen shot of a note 3 stock app but trying to do the same thing on S4.

[​IMG]
  7. SebaKL

SebaKL Well-Known Member

The only way would be to replace with custom image through Gmail/Contacts or on the device. While I understand it might be time consuming if you happen to have hundreds of them, I think it's worth the effort. I for one, get photos of my contacts from G+ or Facebook, and turn them all into black and white, keeping my messaging up all neat and clean looking.

You could always try 3rd party app, like:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.contapps.android&hl=en

I haven't use it, but it seem like a good looking app, with lots of settings and features.