How to remove stolen device from Google store?

1. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Well-Known Member

I had a Galaxy Tab 2 that got stolen a couple of days ago. I replaced it today; but, I am unable to install anything to it. Google store says the new application is installed; but, I assume it is being installed on the stolen Tab, not my new one.

How can I fix this?

How can a remove the stolen tab from my account?

I have accessed my Google Play account on the replacement Tab 2.

I don't think it matters; but, the program I installed that is not showing up on the replacement device is DavDrive.

Advertisement
  2. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

Hey there

There shouldn't be any problems nonetheless even after accessing from the new device, have you tried clearing your market cache/data?

Otherwise login to the play store from the desktop Site (not app), at the bottom there is a link to orders & devices. From there you'll be able to hide the stolen device.

Google doesn't allow you to completely delete a device anymore like they use to.
  3. Alex Ethridge

The new device and the old device are identical. They are identified by Google Play in an identical fashion. How do I know which is which? I have only one Tab 2 showing up in Google Play and, obviously, it is not the one I have here as the programs are obviously going to the other device because they aren't showing up on the device I have in front of me.

Boy, not being able to delete a device seems like a dumb idea.
  4. DragonSlayer95

Strange, there should be 2 devices listed instead of one.

Try clearing out the market data and reboot the device if you haven't done that yet.
    Alex Ethridge likes this.
  5. Alex Ethridge

Sorry, you're right. There are two Galaxy Tabs now. But there was only one when I posted here. I disabled (hid) the stolen device and K9 is now showing as installed; but, DavDrive isn't.

Update: DavDrive is now showing.

Thanks for your help.

I saw something here a while ago about a "Thanks" button; but, I don't see it. Where is it?
    DragonSlayer95 likes this.
  6. Alex Ethridge

Oh, I see it now (thanks button).
  7. DragonSlayer95

Not a problem, glad I could help :)
  8. BigRedGonzo

BigRedGonzo Well-Known Member

Alex,

If you can still install apps to the old device from Google, you may want to try installing "Plan B" to the stolen device. It will allow you to locate it from your desktop. I haven't used it, but know what it does. You might want to give it a shot.

BigRedGonzo
  9. Alex Ethridge

It's a tablet that has no GPS and I have the phone number of the person who stole it and I know he lives in Alabaster, Alabama. That information is no good to me as he is aware I am trying to get it back.

It's a fool's errand so I'm gonna just let it go.

This new one is going to have a lot of spyware on it, though, and if I can, I'll have it uploading pictures and keystrokes to my server on a daily basis.