• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to remove/stop Picasa on Android 4.3

Gavinp1

Lurker
Mar 7, 2014
I have a Sony Xperia Z1 and everytime i open my album i get a notification asking me for permission to connect my photos to the picasa web album and i deny access because i never have and do not plan to use picasa. I do not even have a picasa account.
I have read elsewhere to go to settings and into google account and uncheck a box that is for 'google albums' or 'google photos' but this simply is not there, i do not have any picasa account connected, and also my autosync is switched of for my google account so there is no way for it to sync to anything. If i want to sync an application i do it manually myself just so i can keep track of what my phone is doing.

Either way picasa is becoming really annoying because of this pop up, i do not want to use picasa, is there any way to remove picasa or block it? Thanks in advance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones