How to remove the scroll deadzone 4.0+ ?Support

1. CreepyD

CreepyD Member

This has been really annoying me for ages, since I upgraded my galaxy s2 to 4.0 I believe.
    Before that when I first got the phone, it was great and there was no deadzone.
    By that I mean I can drag say 1mm and it would obey.
    Now I have to drag about 3mm before it even registers, then it jolts to catch up.
    In many games this is a right pain in the rear - angry birds is an obvious one where ultra fine control is impossible because of it - I had that control before updating!

Surely its a simple setting, but I can't find a single reference anywhere to this problem.
    Any ideas other than rooting?
    I assume I can't downgrade back to 2.3 ?
    Thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

I don't notice any difference in touch response on my wife's s2 though admittedly it's her phone and I don't use it day to day. Did you do an in place upgrade? Often, issues like this can be rectified by a clean install.

I'm going to move this to the S2 section for greater response.
  3. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Hi CreepyD :ciao:

Which version of ICS do you have? If 4.0.3, I would recommend updating to 4.0.4. Also, after updating, a factory reset is usually needed to clear up little bugs. If you want to go back to Gingerbread, it isn't hard to do. Follow this guide.

You can also try this first and see if it helps:

Power off your phone. Hold both volume buttons and the power button at the same time. When the phone vibrates, let go of the power button but keep holding both volume buttons. In a few seconds you should be in the recovery menu. Use volume buttons to move up/down and power button to select. *if power button doesn't work, use your home key*. Go to format cache partition and select it. Select yes at the next screen. When it is finished select reboot.
    pastafarian likes this.