• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to remove voice mail icon when there is no voice mail

Try this and see if it helps, go in to Settings/Application Manager/All Apps tab/ then scroll down to Phone, click on it and hit Force Stop, and then close out and check, report back.

If not try this

Go to settings>>Application Manager>>All>>Badge Provider>> Tap clear data and force stop
Restart the phone.

Upvote 0
So far great advice from YouGonaEatThat and DonB. Pretty uncommon issue but most certainly fixable. Check out How to remove the voicemail icon when there are no voicemails on your Android for some additional tips.

In a nutshell though you should,

Restart your phone (YouGonaEatThat)

Leave yourself a voice-mail and then delete it (Me)

Check your applications (DonB)

Backup and reset (Me) - if it’s a software bug or glitch (most likely) then performing a full backup and reset on an Android phone will typically solve these types of issues.

If for some reason a reset doesn’t fix it then I recommend you contact your Service Provider.

And you should be good to go. Good luck rcyphermd.

~James~

Reactions: YouGonaEatThat
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones