1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

How to remove Weather? Beautiful Widgets

Last Updated:

1. Biggest Fro

Biggest Fro Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to remove where it shows the Weather on Beautiful widgets Home?

I would like to just have the clock.

Advertisement
  2. CirkDroid

CirkDroid Well-Known Member

Click configure, and scroll all the way down to the bottom, there is an option you can check for hiding the weather icon.

3. IrishPilot

IrishPilot Well-Known Member

Im really enjoying the Beautiful Widgets clock(s), however I too want to COMPLETELY remove the weather. Ive downloaded the blank weather skin, and it only removed the weather icons (sun, clouds, etc.) but leaves the temp etc. Same thing with checking the "remove weather icon" on the beautiful widget settings.

Has anyone figured out how to have JUST the clock and date?

4. mightymax

mightymax Active Member

I was wondering this, too. I don't think it's possible, which seems like a strange oversight. I also found the 'remove weather icon' option and it's not enough.

5. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Just use the free Sense Analog Clock instead.

6. mightymax

mightymax Active Member

Hm, that doesn't really solve it 'cause I have a different skin on the Beautiful Widget to the HTC Sense clone. I love how I got the clock to look, now I just want to take off the weather widget and have the clock alone.

7. NexuSix

NexuSix Well-Known Member

Since the "Beautiful Home" weather/clock widget 'only' lets you subscribe to either Google or Accuweather (both of which are inaccurate and unreliable for my area...Weather Underground is the only accurate weather forecaster in my area but the Dev has yet to add it to Beautiful Home as a forecast option) I have removed "Beautiful Home weather" widget completely, and installed the "Animated Analog Clock" by DNS Project on my primary Home screen and the "Fuzzy Clock Widget" by Active Frequency on my WidgetLocker LockScreen.

For accurate weather I have sent the bookmark: Weather Underground (Mobile) (my zip code, and closest PWS) to a quick-launch LauncherPro Plus dock shortcut.

For a less then accurate weather widget but more accurate then google and/or Accuweather I use WeatherBug Elite, which gives me current weather and 3 day forecast at a quick glance.

8. mightymax

mightymax Active Member

If you use LauncherPro Plus you can utilize the widget resizing feature to remove the weather. Beautiful Widgets is seemingly not optimized for that, so shrinking the widget to 2x3 just cuts off the temperature bit instead of shrinking the whole thing. Crude as hell, but it works.

This is with the smaller clock/weather widget, btw.

9. exclaymation

exclaymation Member

Even when I use the Launcherpro Plus resizing feature, it only shrinks the Beautiful Widgets widget, so it doesnt really work for removing the weather. I have seen in some forums that people used the resize function and it worked. Is there something I am missing?

10. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

+1 for this method. I'm the opposite, though, in that I use Tajm for my clock, so I don't want it on my beautiful widget, I just wanted the weather. Now that BW updated and included a 1x1 weather only widget, I'm all set!

11. Spiceskull

Spiceskull New Member

I'd also like to remove the weather app after the update yesterday. I live in Cornwall, and don't need my phone to tell me what the weather is like - I just look out of the window.

I can't uninstall the app, can't find a configure option, and really hate it that my phone has "rain" and "windscreen wipers" all over it - I just want the clock.

Thanks.