1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Support How to replace Motherboard Flex Cable!

1. brifye

brifye New Member

So I had this phone for a whole week sat it on the counter and my little boy got a hold of it and started sucking on the home keys. After that happened the keys worked at random so I wanted to take the phone apart to see if I could troubleshoot. While taking the phone apart I accidentally tore the motherboard Flex cable ribbon so I was pretty bummed about that. I re-ordered the cable. Before I put this in my phone I know that one end of the cable clamps right in but the other end does not have a clipping device and was held on by blue tape. I had to kind of pry it off so I was wondering when I replace this do I need to replace it with the same blue tape holding it on because there is not any connector I can see and it doesn't look like I can solder it to the board so a little advice would be helpful

Thank you

Advertisement
  2. tiede

tiede Well-Known Member

The new one should have come with a replacement tape, no?
  3. brifye

brifye New Member

Don't know wont get the part till tonite
  4. alcala1219

alcala1219 Member

did you ever find a fix to this. i recently replaced my screen and when i connected everything back together the screen would not work unless there was pressure on that connecter with the blu tape???