1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

How To: Replace or eliminate AT&T "Rethink Possible" boot screenTips

1. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Well-Known Member Contributor

The usual method for accomplishing this does not work on the Infuse (i.e., there is no "bootanimation.zip" file). Here is a way of replacing it with the stock splash screen from the Samsung Galaxy S, of which the Infuse is a close family member... or at least a distant cousin lol! You'll need to be rooted to follow these instructions.

1. Download the replacement animation file, http://rapidshare.com/files/405635988/bootsamsung.qmg
    2. Navigate to: /system/media and replace the exisiting bootsamsung.qmg file with the one you downloaded.
    If you want to keep the original, rename it first before moving the ,qmg file there (e.g., bootsamsung.qmg.bak).
    3. CHMOD the new file to 644 (same as the original)
    4. Reboot and enjoy!

I have no way of verifying, but there might be a slight battery drain improvement with this mod, since the Galaxy S animation has a black background, versus the solid bright white of the AT&T splash screen.

If you just want to eliminate the AT&T screen withoiut replacing it with something else, simply delete or rename the original bootsamsung.qmg file. However, if you do this, all you'll see is a blank black screen after the SAMSUNG logo extinguishes.

Now... if someone could just come up with an editor that could handle the proprietary .qmg file format, we could make our own animation screens!

Advertisement
    electricpete and amitdesiboy like this.
  2. Ryanscool

Ryanscool Well-Known Member

Its just so much easier to use the gingerbread roms, barely anyone is in froyo anymore lol. Upgrade today you will not regret it lol.
  3. amitdesiboy

amitdesiboy New Member

Good Job Mr.Lucky, any more mods for infuse let me know.couz i just bought it few days back.
  4. oreo918

oreo918 Active Member

I tried to download the file in my phone via "https://rapidshare.com/files/405635988/bootsamsung.qmg" but its says download failed - file not supported on phone
  5. Mr. Lucky

Yes, you can't download it directly because it's not an executable or image file. You'll have to download it to your computer, and then move it from your computer to phone via USB or bluetooth. Install in /system/media as per steps 2 & 3 in the original post.

Edit: Just noticed that you are on Gingerbread. These instructions were written originally for Froyo. Check /system/media first to ensure the bootsamsung.qmg still exists (my guess would be "yes").
    oreo918 likes this.
  6. oreo918

oreo918 Active Member

quick question. well may be quick but please help. What do i do now. I went in and renamed the original, to samsungboot.qmg.bak as suggested and put the downloaded one onto my phone from my computer but could not find the directory from the computer as i could from my phone so I copied it to the internal storage. Then my phone crashed and now will not let me get passed the unlock sim card screen. What do I do now? Please Help Me

To be more accurate it freezes at the unlock sim card screen, and will not let me input my passcode
  7. oreo918

oreo918 Active Member

sorry may have jumped the gun. I finally got it to boot into recovery mode and am performing recovery from backup but i thought i saw your post say that you can also just delete the file altogether without replacing it? Why is my phone freezing up like that then? What did i do wrong?
  8. Mr. Lucky

Sorry, I have no idea. It sounds like something else (unrelated) is going on. Yes, you can delete the file altogether... you'll just end up with a long period of black screen at boot time if you do.