How to reset back to the original firmware?

1. sarmentox

sarmentox Member

Hi there!

Yesterday i just started to use GingerSteem extreme.

It is REALLY awesome. but idk, its weird at the same time because I cant find any common apps in google play like instagram, facebook, etc.

If someone knows how to fix this pls tell me, maybe I'll change my mind lol.

So I decided to go back to the original and give a shot in the ZVC ROM.

I created a backup in the ROM manager with the original firmware (the worst firmware lol) and tried to recover, but the phone rebooted, stood like 5 minutes with a black screen, and then came back with the Ginger extreme.

Im afraid to go to settings > privacy > reset factory data and mess up with the phone... i really dont wanna brick my phone lol

So, whats the best way to go back to the MetroPCS firmware? Is ZVC ROM better than Extreme? Will still happening the same problem with the google market??

thx!!!

Advertisement
  2. eljefe0000

eljefe0000 Well-Known Member

dont do thru the phone settings youll be F'ed
  3. eljefe0000

im sure you have cwm on your phone right? you should do your backup from there
  4. sarmentox

sarmentox Member

Yep. Im using Ginger Extreme, but before I created the backup for the Metro's original firmware.

idk. I open ROM manager > Manage and Restore backups and select it. Then it stay on a black screen for a loooooooooong. The only way to turn on again is holding the lock button and turning on again.
  5. eljefe0000

forget that boot onto cwm recovery not rom manager and do a back up from there you'll backup ginger extreme cause thats what you have now
  6. eljefe0000

all them apps should work fine for that rom maybe you need to clear cache for play store in settings>applications
  7. sarmentox

sarmentox Member

didnt worked. I already did. When I go to apps/games, it just shows me 29 apps lol

if I search hotmail, facebook, instagram, yahoo, the official app doesnt show up in the results
  8. sarmentox

sarmentox Member

If i reboot into the manual recovery in the ROM manager, and select WIPE DATA / FACTORY RESET, will this turn back to the metro's firmware??
  9. eljefe0000

well hot dag boy sound like you done strum your guitar a little too hard and broke u a string what else were you doing with rom manager did you change any setting on there?
  10. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

The firmware has nothing to do with Google Play searches. I don't see why Facebook wouldn't show up in a search in Google play. That makes no sense.

I would download and install the stock (Zvb,C,D whichever one your on) ROM and then start over again. I don't know what point your at and what you've already done to your phone.

You can only change firmwares (B,C,D) through LGPNST. You can crossgrade a ROM and change firmwares. Dont work like that.
    mrpnut likes this.
  11. sarmentox

sarmentox Member

Well,
    in the ROM manager, the only thing I did was FIX PERMISSIONS. that helped me a lot, because a lot of apps were crashing.

but in general, i didnt change any important system setting. I did overclock, to feel the POWER hahahahahah lol, but I always return to 1000mhz
  12. sarmentox

sarmentox Member

hey, if I open the program I used in windows UNLOCK ROOT, and unroot, what gonna happen? o_O
  13. eljefe0000

thats not gonna do nuthin for you it already served its purpose
  14. sarmentox

sarmentox Member

So, download ZvC, install this ROM, and then try to restore from the backup i did from the original metro's firmware or factory reset in the settings?
  15. eljefe0000

you can do a few things here either redownload a rom with zvc like your on now or use the lg and update to zvd you'll be on stock from scratch
  16. eljefe0000

17. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

for one stop using rom manager to install from a backup, go into clock work mod recovery and restore from the back up from there. ROM manager can be fickled on this phone.

you did the backup before installing the custom rom correct?
  18. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

Agreed. I always boot my backups from within CWM not Rom Toolbox.
  19. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS Guide