1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

How to Reset Clock Home to GMT

Last Updated:

1. sglynn

sglynn Member This Topic's Starter

How do you reset the HOME location in the htc Clock application to GMT? It will let me set HOME to a city, but I want to set it to GMT? It won't take Greenwich. Thanks for your help

Advertisement
  2. Ziani

Ziani Well-Known Member

menu>settings>date and time....if you have auto checked then you dont have to worry about it otherwise uncheck auto then you should be able to 'select time zone' and change

3. sglynn

Hi, thanks for your suggestion.

I tried your suggestion, but that doesn't address the issue. The issue is, "how do you set the HTC Clock to show GMT time? The clock lets you set time by a city. GMT is shown on the menu as "current" but you can't select it to display. I can only add, delete, or select cities to diplay on the clock. I want to display GMT time. It came set to GMT, I changed it and now I can't change it back? hmmm?

4. sglynn

Still no solution. How do you set the HTC Clock to GMT time on the display? thanks

5. hempwallace

hempwallace Well-Known Member

Settings, Date & Time, uncheck Automatic then Select Time Zone, then select Casablanca or the Azores (GMT+-0)

6. sglynn

GMT doesn't change time for daylight savings. It remains constant all the time. Both Azores and Casablanca change time. This is not a fix.

The need for one clock to be set to GMT is that pilot time is GMT.

thanks

Anyone else know how to set the Android HTC Clock to GMT?

thanks

7. karees

karees New Member

I'm guessing you've already figured something out in 2 years. If you haven't, set your home location to Ho, Ghana. It runs off of GMT and is not affected by summer time or daylight savings time.