1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

How to restart Virgin Mobile service?

1. esploded

esploded Member

I haven't used my Optimus V in ~10 months because I got a phone on AT&T on my family plan. Anyways, I need to use the phone again for a month.

Anyone know how I can resume my service? Has the number been deleted? (I use google voice anyways, but account wise)

I can't log into my account, I get
    I need some help, I need to use the phone by tomorrow.

Advertisement
  2. coco3133

coco3133 Well-Known Member

After 3 months ur account is deleted, and your number gave to someone else

So u need to make a new account
  3. esploded

esploded Member

Damn, so I don't have the $25 dollar plan anymore? I always assumed I'd be grandfathered in.
  4. Kamau

Kamau Well-Known Member

It's back to square one for you.
  5. mogelijk

mogelijk Well-Known Member

When you activate the phone on the website, one of the options is, "I used to be a customer and I want to restart my Virgin Mobile service." I am sure you will get a new number but it might be possible to get your $25 plan back.

VM is allowing customers with older phones to sign up for the $25 plan, though they don't seem to be advertising it. I'm thinking, when you sign up, it might be an option. There is a thread on it here; you might need to follow similar steps where you click on "Don't see the plan you are looking for? Click Here". In any case, good luck.
  6. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

My daughter went 4 months without paying for her account. Her number was still there, and they emailed her trying to entice her back by offering her $10 off 1 month service.

She always does that. Pay for a month or two, then go for 4 to 5 months without paying (babysitting isn't a perm job for a teenager!). Although she did lose her grandfathered plan.