How to restart without removing/replacing battery?Support

1. boodoowaa

boodoowaa New Member

I was wondering if anyone knows how to retart that Galaxy Nexus when it crashes. If holding the power buttons does not work is there a way to restart the phone without removing/replacing the battery. This is so a custom case does not need to be removed. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Outatime

Outatime Well-Known Member Contributor

Do you mean that your phone is off and long pressing the power button does not turn it back on? If that's happening so frequently that it's an issue, I'd consider taking it back. I have a day one phone that has force rebooted a grand total of three times and has never done what you're describing.

But normally, if you power it off, then power it back on it is the same as doing a battery pull.
  3. boodoowaa

boodoowaa New Member

Thanks Outatime, yes i mean "phone is off and long pressing the power button does not turn it back on". This was more of a theory question. Is there a "hard reset" like on the iphone, maybe a combination of pressing to get the phone to reset without taking the battery out?
  4. Outatime

Outatime Well-Known Member Contributor

I am not aware of an iPhone-like hard reset on the GNex.
  5. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

6. crosschecking

crosschecking Well-Known Member

Mine actually did this yesterday for the first time. LED light was blinking but screen was dark and no other activity. It did not respond to the power button nor to being plugged in. So I had to battery pull for the first time. Just a fluke for me right now.
  7. sequre

sequre Well-Known Member

This would be useful if there is a way to do it. I frequently used it on my dinc by using power+vol down+trackball.
  8. boodoowaa

boodoowaa New Member

The only option I did discover is if the charger is plugged into the phone, it can then be restarted (this seems to be same as pulling and replacing the battery).