• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to restore Google Services Framework?

Hherrmmann

Lurker
Jul 17, 2011
In an attempt to force an android update on my phone, I accidently deleted the Google Services Framework.

A restore from a previous backup does not work (certificate error, although I set all security settings to the lowest).

Also I tried to copy the APK file of the Google Services Framework to the internal memory and install from there; same negative result.

Any idea on how to restore? My phone is a Zopo C3, Android 4.2.1, not rooted.

Reactions: Russberry
In an attempt to force an android update on my phone, I accidently deleted the Google Services Framework.

A restore from a previous backup does not work (certificate error, although I set all security settings to the lowest).

Also I tried to copy the APK file of the Google Services Framework to the internal memory and install from there; same negative result.

Any idea on how to restore? My phone is a Zopo C3, Android 4.2.1, not rooted.

welcome to AF!!!!!!!

sorry to hear about your phone. i never heard of it and there is not much info on it. because of this i always stay away from off brand devices (http://androidforums.com/android-lounge/631594-off-brand-phones-tablets-worth-low-cost.html )

how did you delete the Google Services Framework if you are not rooted?

Upvote 0
Thanks for your friendly welcome.

I deleted the program just as deleting a normal app, via the menu Apps -> Google Services Framework -> delete.
Strange enough, deleting this app was not protected, while uploading the app is prevented by certificate error (despite my security settings have verification disabled and unknown sources enabled).

Not sure if this has anything to do with the Zopo brand; I would think is has Android 4.2.1. out of the (Google) box.

Upvote 0
I deleted the program just as deleting a normal app, via the menu Apps -> Google Services Framework -> delete.

You sure about the delete part? Because as Ocnbrze mentioned, you should need root to do that. Now if you hit the button for "disable" that would make more sense. And in that event, you can scroll to the bottom of the list of apps > all and re-enable it.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Fantastic! You're very right, I did not come to the idea to look at the bottom of the list. It was too late at night when I worked on this, probably I was half-conscious :).
Now that I re-enabled the GSF, a problem remains that the Play Store does not react and proposes to close itself. But I see that also the web version does not function at the moment - my local problem could be caused by an overall Play Store outage. I will try later on.
Thanks a lot for your advice; I was already thinking of a re-installation of my phone and can forget that for now!

Upvote 0
Fantastic! You're very right, I did not come to the idea to look at the bottom of the list. It was too late at night when I worked on this, probably I was half-conscious :).
Now that I re-enabled the GSF, a problem remains that the Play Store does not react and proposes to close itself. But I see that also the web version does not function at the moment - my local problem could be caused by an overall Play Store outage. I will try later on.
Thanks a lot for your advice; I was already thinking of a re-installation of my phone and can forget that for now!

Sounds good. If you continue to have problems once the Play Store is stable again, try clearing cache in the play store app and then reopen it.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I realize that this is an old post, but I also have the same problem. I deleted google service framework and also tried everything @Hherrmmann did. My phone is rooted though, so it isn't disabled. Please help! I can't use any google apps, especially Hangouts and Playstore. In the picture is the description they give me when I want to use these already mention apps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-06-17-09-34[1].png
    Screenshot_2015-10-06-17-09-34[1].png
    529.1 KB · Views: 1,277
Upvote 0
I realize that this is an old post, but I also have the same problem. I deleted google service framework and also tried everything @Hherrmmann did. My phone is rooted though, so it isn't disabled. Please help! I can't use any google apps, especially Hangouts and Playstore. In the picture is the description they give me when I want to use these already mention apps.

If it's messed up like that, surest way is to re-flash the original manufacturer's firmware, and that should put it back to a correctly working state, and undo any damage.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Any idea on how to restore? My phone is a alcatel one touch glory 2s pro 4011x, Android 4.1, rooted. help.......

Upvote 0
I too have deleated my google service framework accidently (I HAVE A ROOTED ANDROID) I was using lucky patcher and to hack an app i deleated GSF. If anybody have any other solution other than flashing so please share . I can't even use google play store and my google play service always stops unexxceptedly ....
Please help and sorry for my bad english

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones