how to restore N4 to factory?General

1. caneaddict

caneaddict Well-Known Member

My original N4 dropped, shattered and stopped working. So I bought another one on craigslist. It looks like its been rooted because its running cyanogen with a March build. I went to settings to do a factory reset but it remains cyanogen. My issue is everything works great except when it's making/receiving a call the screen goes black and i can't get it back until the call ends.

I'm thinking about trying to get the phone back to factory settings to see if that will fix the issue but don't know how? Any suggestions?

Advertisement
    :
  2. iTzKPanda

iTzKPanda AF's resident panda

You'd have to flash a stock firmware via Desktop Odin according to what Android version and Kernel you are on.
  3. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

Odin doesn't work on the Nexus 4, that only works on Samsung phones.

To restore it to stock, you can use wugs Nexus toolkit or you can follow my guide here: http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?t=706533
    D-U-R-X and iTzKPanda like this.
  4. caneaddict

thank you, but i'm new to this and don't know desktop odin or how to flash. is there a simple guide? i went to xda-developers forum but the information was based on having a deep knowledge of rooting which i don't have.
  5. caneaddict

6. jhawkkw

Wugs toolkit takes a lot of the work out of it, where all you have to do is configure drivers. This is assuming you're running Windows.
  7. caneaddict

where can i find wugs toolkit and the process to follow?
  8. jhawkkw

http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Once you download it, install it like a normal program. Then once it is installed, select Nexus 4 and any build. Then you'll want to select the option to configure the drivers. It should give you step by step instructions to do so. Once you have configure the drivers, you can select the option to restore to stock + unroot. That should take care of it. :)
    D-U-R-X likes this.
  9. caneaddict

awesome, going to try now
  10. jhawkkw

Alright, if you need more assistance, feel free to ask questions. :)
  11. caneaddict

wow developer's are great. i used the wugfresh process and it really does lead you step by step through everything. I'm now back to stock and am about to donate to wugfresh.

sadly none of this fixed my problem, maybe it's a hardware issue. every time i place or receive a call as soon as it connects the screen goes dark and there is no way to get it back until the call disconnects ... the other party has to disconnect because i can't end the call from my side.
  12. jhawkkw

Sounds like the sensor that determines how the device is positioned is misreading or something. The screen is suppose to turn off while on call and up next to your ear, then turn back on when you pull it back away from your ear. Weird :confused:
  13. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Download an app called Elixir 2.

Run it, head to sensor and start the proximity sensor test. Looking directly at the screen, on your left at the top, there are what appear to be 2 lenses (they're the light and proximity sensors), if you cover them with your finger, does the text in Elixir change from Near to Far.

Likewise, if you run the light test, does the value change when you place your finger over the sensor?
    D-U-R-X and jhawkkw like this.