How to restore original icons in Galaxy S 3?Support

Last Updated:

1. CocaCasta

CocaCasta New Member

This might be a newb question, so I apologize in advanced. I am new to Android so please bear with me.

Two days ago I got my new Samsung Galaxy S 3 with a provider called MOVISTAR (in Guatemala).

The only thing I hate about the phone is the fact that my provider changed some of the icons for their own icons (and they are HORRIBLE).

Ive tried every possible way to change this and can't seem to figure out how to do it. I've done "factory reset", even a "hard reset" but the icons stay the same.

I also downloaded the app "Root Cheker" to check if maybe my provider rooted it and changed the Icons that way, but my phone seems to be "un rooted".

Is there a way to restore de Samsung factory icons without rooting the phone?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Advertisement
  2. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

Bumping this thread. :)
  3. robstunner

robstunner Member

The only way for your icons to change is a new rom (which you need a little more reading up on to even be suggested to attempt) or download a new launcher that supports themes (like go launcher EX)
  4. CocaCasta

CocaCasta New Member

Bump.
  5. mebaezc

mebaezc New Member

Install the ORIGINAL ROM unmodified by any carriers. I had the same problem and did this, now it's just fine: no carrier
  6. scooter1942

scooter1942 Well-Known Member

if you get a custom launcher (Apex is my personal preference, there is also Nova, Go, Holo, et cetera), you can get icon packs and themes, some of which are free, some paid. here is a free jelly bean theme for Apex and Nova.
  7. kuangfuchu

kuangfuchu New Member

First, go to Apps and tap setting. Then swing the screen and tap All.

Find the application and tap it. If you see and Enable tap, then tap it. If not, go to next steps. For downloaded app, uninstall it. For factory app, remove the update. Then repeast the steps from beinning and tap the Enable.