• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to return my new droid to get a newer droid

So I upgraded to a Droid about 2.5 weeks ago and I love it. I also found out that Amazon is selling the phone for about $80 cheaper. Is there a way I can return my droid back to the verizon store, get the one from amazon, and be $80 richer? I'm also part of a family plan, so i don't know if that makes things more complicated.

Also, when I buy from amazon, who activates the phone? and who locks me into the 2-year contract? is that all done online when i buy the phone, or do i have to take it to a verizon store

Thanks

So I upgraded to a Droid about 2.5 weeks ago and I love it. I also found out that Amazon is selling the phone for about $80 cheaper. Is there a way I can return my droid back to the verizon store, get the one from amazon, and be $80 richer? I'm also part of a family plan, so i don't know if that makes things more complicated.

Also, when I buy from amazon, who activates the phone? and who locks me into the 2-year contract? is that all done online when i buy the phone, or do i have to take it to a verizon store

Thanks

Be advised, this is called "Churning" in the business, and Amazon may not get their commission for the sale, which is what makes the phone as cheap as it is for the customer. That being said, i know agents, such as amazon, will end up charging your credit card full price for the phone if they cannot get their commission from verizon because you "churned" and really are a verizon customer not an amazon customer.

Not saying specifically you will have problems, but it's something to be aware of.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones