• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to revert to previous Nova Launcher

The fate of far too many apps - get it right, run out of significant things to update, updates add perception of value, so update just to mix it up and follow the fads.

Alienate your core base, wonder what went wrong.

When the problem doesn't change and you already have the classic solution for the market, stick with it.
^^^^^^^^^^
THIS!
Same same w/HOLO LAUNCHER (HD).
Lot of commonality w/NOVA & APEX,just my personal preference.
Decided to check on the dev's spot on the Play Store,see if anything new of late,especially w/the intro of 5.0.
Sure enough,a new launcher:"Lollipop Launcher".
Some of the same as w/Nova,that awful white background in the app drawer.As others,I can overlook that,once the desktop is set-up.
However,it lost a LOT of the customization functionality w/the shortcuts available.
Extremely limited in that area,so much for "New & Improved".
I'm not faulting the dev,perhaps there's a limitation that I'm not aware of,but,the "old" HOLO Launcher HD still has the shortcut customizations as usual & works well w/5.0,only bug being an occasional disappearing dock,which can be remedied w/a shortcut/icon placed right above the dock & the dock re-appears,w/folders/icons/shortcuts intact.

Hell,for that matter,I'm good w/Jelly Bean.
IMHO KitKat nor Lollipop bring anything earth-shattering to the table.......

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones