1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

How to revive a Nexus 7? (deep sleep)Support

1. thetingster

thetingster Well-Known Member

Please forgive me if this has already been discussed. But does the Nexus 7 enter a "deep sleep" if unused for long periods of time? (i.e. 2 days)

I have found that my N7 seems to turn completely off if not used for a long time even if the battery was fully charged and I have the wifi turned off when asleep.

If this is the case is there an easy way to "revive" it or get it back on? I found that pressing the power button doesn't work, and I have to try several different methods. (plugging in, pressing all the buttons simultaneously) It just doesn't want to come back on. Generally I get it up and going again. But this has proved to be frustrating.

Any ideas from the experts?

Advertisement
  2. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

Press and hold the power button for 30 sec or more, see if that works.
  3. JanComputerman

JanComputerman Well-Known Member

And leave it plugged in and charging! Sometimes it really doesn't turn off and it ends up killing the battery!
  4. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

just hold the button for over 30sec... it should wake it up / boot it up.
  5. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

There is no "deep sleep" from what I can tell. But maybe I'm wrong. But holding the power button performs a hard reset (as opposed to a soft reset you do in the menu) which is equivalent to removing the battery. Its for system freezes.
  6. Leonhan

Leonhan Member

Been using trickstermod and there is this value called "deep sleep" so I think it does exist on the device mechanism. Anyway, I don't see that to be a problem though, but I guess it will be if its chronic.