• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to root a ZTE Zolar?

kadeebug123

Lurker
Jan 25, 2015
I am trying so hard to root this piece of crap zte solar phone, and i am having absolutely NO luck at all.. not fining anything anywhere online and the one ap that i actually got to download didn't work.. if ANYONE at all can walk me through how to root this piece of crap phone i would greatly appreciate it as i cannot download any apps at all without this junk thing saying "internal memory full".. and i have to uninstall updates on google+ and youtube to get the da** weatherbug app to install correctly.. forget having anything else at all on the phone,, i have to use ONE APP at a time and delete it and then re-install another.. its freakin ridiculous.. i AM buying a new phone soon, but in the meantime, id' like to root this one.. anyone?? anywhere???

No I haven't tried towel root as I have never rooted a phone and am so completely new to all of his. I have (tooting my own horn) successfully jail broke an iPhone before so I am assuming and hoping iis similar to that process? And the memory issue is simply the phone is JUNK. it won't let me move aps of any kind from the phone to SD card even with convenient aps.. that's why I am here hopinf someone is kind and patient enough to walk me through the process or to share a very blonde friendly link to a "how-to".. :)

Have you tried Towelroot?
Perhaps there is another reason why your memory is full and you may not need root. (unless you want to do it nonetheless;) )
bird

Upvote 0
Not sure where bird at the bottom comes from... as I said this phone is junk and apparently puts in its own words on posts as well.

No I haven't tried towel root as I have never rooted a phone and am so completely new to all of his. I have (tooting my own horn) successfully jail broke an iPhone before so I am assuming and hoping iis similar to that process? And the memory issue is simply the phone is JUNK. it won't let me move aps of any kind from the phone to SD card even with convenient aps.. that's why I am here hopinf someone is kind and patient enough to walk me through the process or to share a very blonde friendly link to a "how-to".. :)

bird

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
haha, "bird"..yeah, I was wondering what that meant :D

Well, we can try to address the memory issue:)
How many texts do you have? Can you get rid of some?
What about pictures on internal memory? Can you save some to your computer or a cloud?
I'm not too familiar with your device, but we can try to get some memory back before rooting;)

Upvote 0
Oooih see I never thought of doing anything like that! I will clean up my texts as they all back up to my Google mail anywyas, as far as pics i will clean out some and attempt to transfer to my computer when I get home and see where my memory stands after that! Thank you! I will do that, get back to u and see what's next :)

haha, "bird"..yeah, I was wondering what that meant :D

Well, we can try to address the memory issue:)
How many texts do you have? Can you get rid of some?
What about pictures on internal memory? Can you save some to your computer or a cloud?
I'm not too familiar with your device, but we can try to get some memory back before rooting;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones