How To Root Alcatel One Touch Evolve 5020T

1. DrummerBoy420

DrummerBoy420 Member

Couldn't find any threads of a successful root method for this device so I figured I'd try a few and found one that works flawlessly.

Instructions:

1. Go to: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2403230

Follow this rooting method and verify root access with Root Checker once finished.

2. Next, go to the PlayStore and download the SuperUser and Titanium Backup apps.

3. Open the new SuperUser app (you'll notice that the installed SuperUser app isn't in English). Click "Allow" on the pop-up, then proceed to update the binary (this switches the link from the Asian SuperUser app to The English one)

4. Then, go into Titanium Backup and delete the previously installed SuperUser app (1.-something, it's picture of a shield).

5. Now you have a rooted Alcatel One Touch Evolve 5020T. Enjoy!!! :smokingsomb:

Advertisement
    :
  2. Can you post the link or the download file so I can root this device
  3. DrummerBoy420

DrummerBoy420 Member

No I cannot because like the post said, this is my first thread so I can't post links. The site won't allow it. Follow step 1 and it'll be the first search result on Google. Everything you need is on that page.
  4. Dont worry im rooted now I just need a rom and cwm
  5. DrummerBoy420

DrummerBoy420 Member

Glad it worked for you! I'm only familiar with the ROMs and CWM for the Sidekick 4G (because it was running Froyo). I'm keeping the stock ROM on the Alcatel for now. Jelly Bean is such a big improvement from Froyo and Gingerbread, I have no issues with it so far. As far as compatibility I'd wait a bit for someone to develop a working ROM for this phone since the soft keys and the Android menus were customized a bit by Alcatel, but that's just me. Good luck!
  6. It sucks bc this stock rom is slow there got to be a way to speed up this phone
  7. DrummerBoy420

DrummerBoy420 Member

The only way to speed up the phone aside from rooting and deleting all the bloatware or flashing a custom ROM and overclocking the processor to 1.2 GHz, is to frequently clear all of the items out of the "recent apps" list.

Aside from that I moved all my apps to the SD card and installed Clean Master and History Eraser from the Play Store. I put the Clean Master widget on my home screen to frequently close all running processes (there is an Ignore List so you can keep certain apps open if you wish). History Eraser is good for clearing the cache which fills up pretty quickly on this phone.

Note: If you want to save even more battery use Screen Dimmer and set a widget. The lowest brightness is still a bit too bright in my opinion.

Hope this helps!
  8. Calilegit

Calilegit New Member

Hey how did you get yours to get rooted? Mines wouldn't go
  9. Calilegit

Calilegit New Member

nvm I had my usb debugging off prob solved! Rooted!
  10. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

11. frgordils

frgordils New Member

I did all the steps as shown on youtube video. after reneming Superuser i restarted my phone and i showed "updating phone" after that it got stock on Tmobile screen so i dont know what to do. My phone is an alcatel One Touch 5020T
  12. I had the same problem use this superuser instead I'm rooted u don't need to rename nothing instill the superuser on the pic u see the difference

Attached Files:

13. D1358531

D1358531 Well-Known Member

How did you move all your apps to the SD card? Titanium Backup?
  14. alfick3

alfick3 Well-Known Member

It also works for the 7020N, which is the MetroPCS variant.
  15. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member Developer

i would suggest not using this method, as i posted i n that thread it is just someone elses exploit bundled up in some chinese program. with all the scares of kingoroot and vroot stick to things abit more reputable.

Cydia Impactor or if you really want to use this exploit, google and use bin4ry's 4.1 root.
    alfick3 likes this.
  16. D1358531

So, using bin4ry's root tool, the phone will have root and a custom recovery?
  17. Shabbypenguin

no, custom recovery is completely different.
  18. D1358531

Ok, thanks...should I attempt to unroot the Chinese version on my phone, or just go ahead with bin4ry's method?
  19. Shabbypenguin

if you already ran the chinese there is no telling what its done to youyr phone. just because yopu remove superuser doesnt mean the malware that may or may not have come packaged with it will be removed.
  20. D1358531

I'm hoping nothing came packaged with it ;)

Just checked with malwarebytes, no malware
  21. alfick3

alfick3 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I will not root the other 4 that way. I'll look at what Shabby posted.
  22. D1358531

Well, I tried the other methods mentioned, but they didn't work. I had to go back to the Chinese root.
  23. harry325

harry325 New Member

I want to root this Alcatel One Touch 5020T phone, but I can't find any Windows driver for it. It always shows up as 5020T with USB debugging mode.
    Does anyone have a driver for it?
    Thanks in advance!
  24. hooah212002

hooah212002 New Member

Same here. I can get root with the Chinese tool, but I encounter serious system slowdown and overall general quirkiness. bin4ry's tool doesn't achieve root, but the phone and app recognize the commands.