• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to root and Install Froyo 2.2 on Evo

Welcome!

I hate to be the person who says 'search first', but in this instance I am going to suggest just that. There are several threads regarding froyo, IMO, it's not worth it yet.

First you will need to root your handset and unlock the NAND, there are threads that walk you through this process, then you will need to flash a ROM and most likely a couple of radio images

The existing builds of FroYo are still in development, can be buggy and are missing features. I am running Fresh 1.0.1 on my EVO, and fresh 2.3.3 on mine and my wifes hero. Both are 2.1, but I am not willing to sacrifice the functionality of my phone. The Fresh ROM's are great, I have always had good luck with them, it may be worth your while to wait for a stable release of froyo, but in the mean time, you can get your handset ready by rooting and running a rooted ROM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones