[How to] ROOT & CWM for Galaxy Ace 2 GT-I8160 JB 4.1.2 (Easy Root)

1. Smokey Mc Pot

Smokey Mc Pot Well-Known Member

Here is the easy way to Root the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2

This Root method was successfully tested on the:

Advertisement
    :
  2. jughead3716

jughead3716 New Member

thanks for this i just flashed to xxmb4 and will try to root it.. will feedback later for the result...:)

EDIT:
    Successfully rooted it punkz.. thanks again...
  3. Smokey Mc Pot

Thanks for the feedback.
    :) I'm happy to know all worked for you.
  4. MyExistence25

MyExistence25 New Member

Will it wipe some files on my sd and external card?
  5. Smokey Mc Pot

No.
    :D You have to do the wiping yourself...
  6. ladgie21

ladgie21 New Member

my ace 2 is rooted, thank you so much for the info!!!!
  7. jpthian

jpthian New Member

Thank you very much Smokey!! You're the best.
  8. bobparry

bobparry New Member

Worked superbly, fantastic work many thanks !
    MOHSEN GSM likes this.
  9. Chaotix00

Chaotix00 New Member

my phone is rooted
  10. j800r

j800r Well-Known Member

I just want to add a note that you can still use Kies with full functionality (including firmware update check) without using the "Triangle Away" app.

In fact, when I checked that app it seems it's to do with custom ROM flashing and not rooting.
    MOHSEN GSM likes this.
  11. DarnJhud

DarnJhud Active Member

hi sir smokey.. i just followed your guide and i think everythings i dunno if im rooted. theres no much change on my phone it only add 1 app called superSU? is that all i need to do? am i rooted already?

did not install cwm app cause i dunno what is that for..
  12. Smokey Mc Pot

:D yes you got root.
    Now you can use all the apps that require root access.
    (Root access allows you to explore the real potential of your phone.)

Don't worry about the CWM as it is only temporary and only useful for little things for advanced users.
    DarnJhud likes this.
  13. j800r

j800r Well-Known Member

I should warn you though (and I'm sure Smokey would agree) that if you're new to rooting, Android and don't consider yourself an experienced tech person to be very careful with root access. Only grant access to apps you know and trust. If you don't know what the access request is from, be safe and deny.

Although if you're smart and safe nothing can harm your device unless you grant it permission first.
    Sorry if you already knew this. Very sleep deprived atm.
    funkylogik and DarnJhud like this.
  14. DarnJhud

DarnJhud Active Member

thank you sir,
    i will be very cautious from now on and would read a lot from this forum. really enjoy rooting though, i learned how to remove bloatware using titanum.. thanks for the advice sir :)
  15. DarnJhud

DarnJhud Active Member

wow thanks sir smokey!

ive been reading about cwm and i know what it does.. i also visited the link u posted above and decided to follow the step without the need of cwm.zip.

thank you again sir smokey for all your guide in this forum been learning a lot :)
  16. DarnJhud

DarnJhud Active Member

Hi again,

after a while of reading about CWM recovery i find the need of installing it. but i was confused on your previews post:

what do you mean temporary? is this how i install it permanently? and last question what's the difference of installing a temporary and permanently?
    funkylogik likes this.
  17. Smokey Mc Pot

Hi,
    This is only a temporary CWM,
    You mount the zip file and your phone run the script.
    But once you finish using it closes the script and leaves no trace behind...
    Meaning that you need to boot your phone in recovery mode and install the zip from the sd card every time you need to use it.

I don't know anything about the permanent mode.
    If you going to try it?
    Just verify first if is compatible with this device model.
    I hardly use CWM on my phone.
    It can be a dangerous process.
    So be careful.

Smokey
    funkylogik and DarnJhud like this.
  18. DarnJhud

DarnJhud Active Member

I see, now I understand it very well.
    now that u mention the compatibility, i didn't see Ace 2 on their official website.
    thanks for the advise smokey..
  19. heliognr

heliognr New Member

Thank you!!!
  20. apinya24

apinya24 Active Member

I have a GT-I1860L, is it the same procedure? What benefits will I get apart from being able to remove the pre-installed app I don't want?
  21. j800r

j800r Well-Known Member

If you have to ask then rooting is not for you just yet.

Think of rooting your phone as logging into your windows system as full admin. If you don't know what you're doing or why you're doing it you can seriously mess up your system. Those preinstalled apps won't affect the phone's performance if you don't use them and it's not a must-do to remove bloatware.

If you don't consider yourself a tech savvy person I wouldn't even bother. If you ARE then I suggest doing a TON of research until you full understand the benefits/disadvantages of root. I must say, many of them are actually oversung and only reason I rooted my phone was to perform some necessary system tweaks as the uk Jelly Bean firmware sucks.

Also, if your mode isn't an I8160 do NOT follow this method as it is not tested and not guaranteed to work. Nobody but you can be held responsible if something goes wrong.
    DarnJhud likes this.
  22. MOHSEN GSM

MOHSEN GSM New Member

Thank you!!!
  23. sarsapi

sarsapi New Member

i tried too.. and done! thank you very much friend..
  24. Stokiejoe

Stokiejoe New Member

Thanks tried all morning elsewhere, this worked first time in seconds:)
  25. gwm121

gwm121 New Member

Good Morning,
    I want to remove bloatware, add apps that need root access maybe alter some settings in android to make it simpler faster.

bought ace2 gingerbread Had shop unlock it, used odin to instal cwm and found superuser on and cwm on, then added programs and removed some apps. phone fine.

months later samsung site had ics 4.1 so ran it with keis, but fone lost root access. Worked fine

THEN.. found root and cwm on google fo android 4.1 for odin, ran root, .. fone wouldnt start, but pwer//vol/start/ menu still available.
    went back to shop who managed to get it going, but have loaded an unrooted android with some italian aps as desporto, on "about" shows gt18160 android 4.1.2.
    Your system seems sooo much simpler than odin, may I know if it only works with standard 4.1, or any 4.1 rom as this, would this one be a custom rom maybe the italian job?, how would I know?, is it as good as standard samsung 4.1 or is it souped up 2.1? .....or should I try load samsung 4.1 then use your method? would appreciate your cooments thank you.