• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to root galaxy S2 GT-I9100G (gingerbread)

ibtesam279

Lurker
Mar 10, 2014
Hi there,
I know by asking you to help me on how to root galaxy s2 gt-I9100G, i m taking u back to stone age.
Recently i learned abt this custom rom things. I was waiting for samsung to update my device from gingerbread 2.3.6 but i never happened. World moves on to kitkat n i m still at gingerbread.
For past few days i m looking for how to root my device but i didnt get perfect guidance for s2 gt-i9100g.
There r many for s2 on internet but they say only for gt-i9100 .
So i never tried them.
I want to root my device n install new custom rom. I want ur guidance for better custom rom too. Thanks in advance.
Below i m posting my device detail.
Kindly help me n bring me back to real android age...

Model no. - GT-I9100G
android version - 2.3.6
Baseband version - I9100GXXKL4
kernel version - 2.6.35.7 dpi@dell173#2
Build no. - gingerbread.JPLC1
PDA - I9100GJPLC1
PHONE - I9100GXXKL4
CSC - I9100GOJPLC1
BUILD INFO - FRI MAR 23 17:58:59 KST 2012

Hi there,
I know by asking you to help me on how to root galaxy s2 gt-I9100G, i m taking u back to stone age.
Recently i learned abt this custom rom things. I was waiting for samsung to update my device from gingerbread 2.3.6 but i never happened. World moves on to kitkat n i m still at gingerbread.
For past few days i m looking for how to root my device but i didnt get perfect guidance for s2 gt-i9100g.
So i never tried them.
I want to root my device n install new custom rom. I want ur guidance for better custom rom too. Thanks in advance.

Model no. - GT-I9100G
android version - 2.3.6
PDA - I9100GJPLC1
PHONE - I9100GXXKL4
CSC - I9100GOJPLC1

Hello and welcome to Android Forums ibtesam279! :)

This is a step-by-step guide for absolute beginners. Please read posts #1, #2 and #3 carefully and thoroughly as they will take you through the rooting procedure and answer your queries.

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-international-all-things-root/482994-rooting-galaxy-s2-dummies-guide.html

Upvote 0
Hello and welcome to Android Forums ibtesam279! :)

This is a step-by-step guide for absolute beginners. Please read posts #1, #2 and #3 carefully and thoroughly as they will take you through the rooting procedure and answer your queries.

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-international-all-things-root/482994-rooting-galaxy-s2-dummies-guide.html
thanks ironass :)

u knw what, i guess somehow SAMSUNG got to know that now i have BACKUP of FATHER OF ANDRIOD.. so they provide me OTA update from gingerbread 2.3.6 to android 4.0.3. so now i guess for root and other custom rom i have to follow different route. as i was reading ur post today it says GALAXY S2 GT-I9100G ROOT only for gingerbread.

thnx a tonne for ur help. :)

Upvote 0
they provide me OTA update from gingerbread 2.3.6 to android 4.0.3. so now i guess for root and other custom rom i have to follow different route. as i was reading ur post today it says GALAXY S2 GT-I9100G ROOT only for gingerbread.

Shame that you did not root it while you were on Gingerbread. Here is a method for rooting on ICS...

[TUTORIAL] Root access for ICS on I9100G

HI IRONASS.. :)
i want to knw since i updated my firmware through OTA my ram size got reduced. from 1 gb now it becomes 600 MB. Is it common with all android devices? Is there any way to get back our old RAM SIZE??
galaxy S2 GT-I9100G

That's normal. There is a lot more RAM needed for ICS than Gingerbread. Don't worry about it. The system is designed to handle it. "Unused RAM, is wasted RAM".

Once you are rooted you can remove some of the bloatware by following the instructions in the Bloatware: Stock app removal guide

Upvote 0
Hi there,
So i never tried them.

Model no. - GT-I9100G
android version - 2.3.6
PDA - I9100GJPLC1
PHONE - I9100GXXKL4
CSC - I9100GOJPLC1

Hi ibtesam279
I have same problem. my phone kernel is "2.6.35.7 dpi@dell173#2" and "Baseband version - I9100GXXKL4" too.
I could not found kernel for KL4, do you find it?
If yes would you please let me have it? in addition could you root your phone correctly?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones