• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [HOW TO]: Root, Install a Custom ROM, Fix the Market, and Add Flash

Has anyone had a problem with the Android Market since the new release came out? I installed the VEGAn Ginger rom (VEGAn-GE-7.0.0-RC1-Harmony (GB2.3.3, stable build)) a few days ago on my GTab replacing the stock rom.I am on the 1.2 bootloader (1.2 - 4349). I used the instructions provided by SolidOrange and they worked very well (thanks SolidOrange:)). I had no problems with the installation and the market came up without a problem after the installation. I love the VagaN Ginger rom

Upvote 0
Nope. There is no advanced option. Also the options are blue not green like in that pic. I would upload a pic but I cant yet as I am a new member.

Can someone please help with this? Is there anybody who has had the same problem? Any possible solutions?

Maybe you could upload the picture to picasa or something and post the link to that picture here?

Upvote 0
Hey, I was following the directions exactly. Everything seemed to be going perfectly CWM came up, I had everything going right. Until I re-booted all that came up is the first image of the birds (Viewsonic Logo) and it will not do anything else. I was installing the G-Harmony version. I am new at this entire process and am not amazing with android. I would really love it if someone could help me.

Thank you in advance...

Upvote 0
Hey, I was following the directions exactly. Everything seemed to be going perfectly CWM came up, I had everything going right. Until I re-booted all that came up is the first image of the birds (Viewsonic Logo) and it will not do anything else. I was installing the G-Harmony version. I am new at this entire process and am not amazing with android. I would really love it if someone could help me.

Thank you in advance...

Can you still get into clockwork? If so you might need to repartition your internal memory. Or reinstall the ROM again and wiping data.

Reactions: NoodleIT
Upvote 0
Question: The original directions posted didn't say anything about partitioning, (Or at least not to my understanding) is that something I need to do? And if so it would be the internal memory?

Yeah it's not in the original directions because sometimes its not needed but it's a good way to prevent boot looping. And yes it's the internal but don't forget to back up your files because it'll erase everything. There's a way to mount your internal memory via clock work so after you repartition....mount your internal sd card and put you're files back.

Upvote 0
well, somebody had to make the first post! i have already put this info in the general tablet forum, but there are new ROMs out there and i know this is the first thread any g-tab owner will be looking for. if someone can sticky this, i will try to keep it as up to date as possible.

I am pissed that Apple refuses to support Flash as well as their prices so I count them out

I'd like an Android tab 10.1" .
I'm just confused on which one to purchase. I've seen some Android tabs advertised for as low as $159. I really don't want to pay $399 or $499.

Now I am new at tabs in general but have heard that they can be "rooted"? What is rooted? I would like to bring any tab I do get up to the most current version of Android. Is that easy?

Are any of the tablets located at

Android Tablets

able to be upgraded?

Is there a nice tutorial on whatever "root" is and upgrading the OS?

Thanks and appreciate your responses. Sorry if this is the incorrect forum.

Ray

Upvote 0

Thank you in advance...

Same problem here, anything work for you??
I tried to reinstall & wiping data, that didn't work.
Then I repartitioned and that didn't work.
(direx on P4 of this thread) =
A bootloop is when your gtablet never gets passed the Viewsonic birds or whatever your boot animation is. So if you get passed that and it boots to where you can see the lockscreen or the homescreen than that's not a bootloop.

So if that's the case to fix that,
boot back into CM recovery,
then go to Advanced
then partition SD card
then choose 2048
then choose 0.
then reboot.

Remember this wipes everything in your internal memory card. So make sure to back up your info on a computer that you don't want to lose forever.

...But I read the bolded part last unfortunately and did not save anything. So I'm still on the birds page, minus data :mad: but can still get into clockworkmode...guess I'm going to go browse some bootloop threads :thinking:

OTHERWISE, extremely helpful and easy direx from SolidOrange!

Reactions: SolidOrange
Upvote 0
I'll warn you right off -Don't waste time or money on superpad III, It's tempting, I know, but hundreds of others besides myself have gotten the royal shaft from this model(?) - I went with the Viewsonic G Tab, & after a few problems,I flashed it and it is working fine(and stable!!) and for under $300 to boot! -I got mine factory refurbished for $272 shipping included,only $75 bucks more than I paid for my useless Superpad. Whatever you go with, These forums are the best place to get help!! I am a total newbie to these tabs, and I could never have the quality I expect without Them! Please be careful & enjoy yourself!!

Upvote 0
Same problem here, anything work for you??
I tried to reinstall & wiping data, that didn't work.
Then I repartitioned and that didn't work.
(direx on P4 of this thread) =

...But I read the bolded part last unfortunately and did not save anything. So I'm still on the birds page, minus data :mad: but can still get into clockworkmode...guess I'm going to go browse some bootloop threads :thinking:

OTHERWISE, extremely helpful and easy direx from SolidOrange!

If you are in a bootloop at the birds page then you need to nvflash

Upvote 0
I am having trouble getting clockwork to install. when i reboot after i put the files in the root folder, the bird screen flashes for a split second and then shuts down. I can start the tablet normally, but havenot been able to get clockwork to load. I have one of the 1.2 firmware BTW. Any ideas?

Make sure you're using the right CM file for your bootloader and the file that's associated with your method of installation ie. Internal or external sd card.

Heres a link with all the instructions and files.

ClockWorkMod - Viewsonic GTablet For Dummies

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones