• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to root LG OPTIMUS T?

i got a question: ok so my lg optimus p509 isnt reading my sd card all of a sudden for like 3-4 days now. BUT. my buddys phone read it just fine AND my phone still works and it works fine exept for not reading my sd card and my friend can also hook up his phone to the mac computer at work and itll show my sd card folder EVEN with the name sraxone that shows up as the sd card driver icon name.. so i was wondering can i copy the driver to the desktop and then erase the sd card HIS phone with my sd card still inside HIS phone and then put the sd card BACK into MY phone and try to re-format it? THEN put my sd card back into my phone hook it up to the computer and jus copy all the info BACK onto the sd card and then i can get on with rooting my phone?? what do u all think? help will is greatly appreciated :n)

Upvote 0
That sounds like a whole lot of trouble. Micro SD cards are cheap as nail clippings (and not much bigger) -- under $5 for a 4GB card ($10 for 8GB) at microcenter.com. Just get a new one and see what happens.

Also, have you gone into Settings/SD Card/Unmount SD card? Does it show Mounted? If so, then the phone thinks it's got your SD card figured out.

SD card misreads were a frequent problem on my Optimus T. It would find most of my apps, but a few (different each time) would almost always show up as "not installed". Once I got rid of the phone's bloatware, though, my problems mostly went away. I think the phone loses track of the SD card if it has to spend too much time with "activate at boot" applications.

Upvote 0
If you have Android 2.2, go to 4Shared.com on your Phones Internet Browser and search for the z4 apk.
Download it onto your phone.
Install then Root.

If you have Android 2.2.2, go to 4Shared.com on your Phones Internet Browser and search for Gingerbreak-V1.2 apk.
Install then Root.

Easiest way to Root.

Thanks

I followed these steps on my P905. It worked, but I noticed the battery is getting drained much faster.

Upvote 0
If you have Android 2.2, go to 4Shared.com on your Phones Internet Browser and search for the z4 apk.
Install then Root.

If you have Android 2.2.2, go to 4Shared.com on your Phones Internet Browser and search for Gingerbreak-V1.2 apk.
Install then Root.

Easiest way to Root.

Thanks

So i downloaded gingerbreak but it got quarantined as soon as i installed it onto my phone.. Should i just ignore that? And second, to activate the root do i need to connect it to a PC?

Upvote 0
My antivirus software claimed ginger break was "infected"
Idk personally I'm a noob when it comes to this... i just want free apps lmao

You may not quite be understanding what root can do for you. I didn't root my phone for free apps -- there's plenty of those out there anyway, and there are also several apps that are worth paying for. Information wants to be free, but programmers (like me) want to get paid. ;)

Root access gives you control over the phone and the underlying OS, so you can make your phone work differently. So you can install a new ROM so it looks cooler, or you can get rid of crapware apps. That was my motivation... I wasn't after free apps, I just wanted *fewer* apps!

Upvote 0
My antivirus software claimed ginger break was "infected"
Idk personally I'm a noob when it comes to this... i just want free apps lmao
Rooting will not make paid apps turn to free apps. Ignore the virus warning. Using AndoZip from the market, take it out of the download folder and put it on the root of your uSD card (not in a folder, just near the bottom of the list of folders). To move an item just longpress it and select move. Hit the back button and select the move here button.
Tap on item then select install. When done, select done.
Go to menu /settings/applications/development/make sure the USB debugging box is checked. This will help with the install.
Go to app draw and open up app. Select run.
It may take several attempts, if after 12min it doesn't reboot your phone, pull your battery and try again.
On any failed attempt you must reboot the phone,pulling battery and starting over constitutes a reboot.
Once it reboots your phone go to the market and update superuser. Then download a Busybox installer from the market. If it fails the first install, select the alternate install location.
You now need to find a suitable recovery to install so you can make a backup of your system in the recovery (this is called a nandroid). This is important, if you accidentally delete something that borks your system, you can restore your backup and all is good again.

Upvote 0
Rooting will not make paid apps turn to free apps. Ignore the virus warning. Using AndoZip from the market, take it out of the download folder and put it on the root of your uSD card (not in a folder, just near the bottom of the list of folders). To move an item just longpress it and select move. Hit the back button and select the move here button.
Go to menu /settings/applications/development/make sure the USB debugging box is checked. This will help with the install.
It may take several attempts, if after 12min it doesn't reboot your phone, pull your battery and try again.
On any failed attempt you must reboot the phone,pulling battery and starting over constitutes a reboot.
Once it reboots your phone go to the market and update superuser. Then download a Busybox installer from the market. If it fails the first install, select the alternate install location.
You now need to find a suitable recovery to install so you can make a backup of your system in the recovery (this is called a nandroid). This is important, if you accidentally delete something that borks your system, you can restore your backup and all is good again.

Alright. You guys are awesome for responding so quick and vividly. I rooted my phone and all went well. Also I'm using titanium backup pro.. I'm not sure if that matters but i hear either that or a custom recovery... any input?

Upvote 0
Using AndoZip from the market, take it out of the download folder and put it on the root of your uSD card (not in a folder, just near the bottom of the list of folders). To move an item just longpress it and select move. Hit the back button and select the move here button.

If it still doesn't install try downloading a fresh apk, making sure you are on WiFi.

Upvote 0
Hi all, I rooted my first phone (Vodafone 858) last November with SuperOneClick. Then my second one, LG Optimus T with Gingerbreak about two months ago. Now I can't find z4root, or Andozip, or gingerbreak in the "store", which has changed from Market to PlayStore. I did the Superoneclick on a Windows PC, the z4 thing directly on my phone. I have a new (another) LG Optimus T and having a heck of a time trying to root it. Any help?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones