How to ROOT + OVER CLOCK Droid Start to Finshe???

Last Updated:

1. s3cgarci

s3cgarci New Member This Topic's Starter

Jun 10, 2010
    Hi I am new to this rooting and over clocking. I have read and seen countless threads and sites and video's on how to root phone and what programs and how to over clock the droid with the specific kernals and with these awesome rom's for the 2.1 update . I just wanted to get it from the experts I get my droid on Monday and want to be confident on how to properly root the droid and over clock as well.

Things I want to accomplish:
    1) Root Droid
    2) Over clock droid at various speeds
    3) Have A kick ass theme with awesome apps and lots of home screens

What I believe should be done to accomplish:

1) I got a website that tells me how to root the droid by flashing a recovery system and downloading this file. than downloading and installing rsdlite, also to connect to the computer and apply these two programs to the droid in order to root. Next I guess you have to install a 2.1 custom ROM the one I can download is , after that power off phone and turn on to RECOVERY mode and bam its rooted.

These are the programs that I can use once my phone is rooted and I get the use of these programs as well :

• SetCPU: App used to overclock your device.
    • Root Explorer: File manager that lets you browse every file on your Droid.
    • ROM Manager: The easiest way to install new ROMs.
    • ShootMe and Drocap2: Screen shot apps.
    • Barnacle Wifi Tether: App for wifi tethering your Droid.
    • LEDs Hack: Gives you control over your LED soft-keys.
    • MetaMorph: Allows you to install custom themes.
    • Titanium Backup: For making custom backups including your apps

2) Now for the over clocking what I have gathered is this:
    that you use ROMMANGER to download the specific kernal you want to over clock to. I hope to be using bugeless beat v.1.1. or the new OTA 2.2. software with some thing cool than the stock theme and 3 home screen.
    Pick the KERNAL and then download and use (set gpu )on boot to set over clock.
    I don;t know if that is exactly right.

3) I know that after all this is done than I can use ROM MANAGER to download the newest ROMS including (BUGLESS BEAST) and i should be set.

My questions are if this is pretty much the correct way to fully ( OVER CLOCK AND ROOT MY DROID) to have custom themes . I know that the new 2.2 update will be coming out soon other the air and I know if I root and apply a 2.1 ROM it will just be erased with the new 2.2. update.

After I overclock my droid and root it can i just put a 2.1 theme on their and then do the over the air update to the 2.2. theme and than be able to install another custom theme instead of the stock theme.

Any info would be greatly appreciated I have spend about10 hours past three days trying to understand all of this I know about the possibility of bricking my phone as well thanks again.

2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Just about every question you're asking is answered in the sticky. Really good info, read that one first.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  3. Nicks88

Nicks88 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    You seem to have the general idea. Just stick with the guide(s) and you should be all set. I do recommend that you spend time with the phone stock and get used to it first. Just keep reading and learning and remember that people are here to help if you get stuck somewhere. There are a lot of little quirks here and there that you will pick up as you go. Basically, just spend some time with the phone stock, then dive in.
  4. megaera

megaera Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2009
    Oh, and for the love of all things sacred and profane, make sure your phone is fully or at least almost fully charged while your flashing stuff! Especially when you've got it hooked in for RSD, for which I recommend trying your best not to breathe on it wrong.