1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

How To Root R800a?

1. Crash27

Crash27 Well-Known Member

I was curious on how to root the R800a, If someone could post a guide or steps to the process if it is possible for this version.

Advertisement
  2. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Well-Known Member

Sadly, currently, the only available method is the paid one over at XDA. I am in the same boat, only I have the R800X, I am just gonna wait for a new exploit or something.
  3. XperiaTACO4G

XperiaTACO4G Well-Known Member

That's the at&t version right?
  4. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Well-Known Member

Yup, the only current root method is the paid method above. I myself am waiting for a new exploit.
  5. Xperia2000

Xperia2000 New Member

XDA will not accept Verizon's ip address so is there another way to get this root app
  6. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Well-Known Member

What are you talking about? There is no app, a guy unlocks your bootloader and roots your phone via remote control.
  7. Crash27

I wonder how long until they root the R800a. I just finished getting my X10 all setup the way I like it then I pick up the Play. LOL. Now I have to wait again for a way to root it. Hopefully they root is soon for It will be nice to play with once rooted.. I just finished rooting my Asus Transformer so that will have to keep me occupied until then........:)
  8. alquistador

alquistador Member

you should be able to put 2.3.2 on the the then ginger break and do a OTA to 2.3.4. i did that and still have my root. Rogers phone ona bell network.
  9. paxchristos

paxchristos Well-Known Member

10. Crash27

Worked like a charm, I just finished rooting my R800a and it went without a hitch, Now I can do some modding.....LOL
  11. Wisenos

Wisenos Well-Known Member

rooted r800a and freed up some memory :)