• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to root Samsung galaxy s2 with cm installed

Geraint

Lurker
May 16, 2015
I recently installed cyanogenmod with the auto installer (naively), forgetting that rooting it before might have been a good idea. Now when I try to root it I cannot use odin since it will not recognize my phone (ive tried changing the usb port, cable, computer). Thanks,
Geraint :)

I recently installed cyanogenmod with the auto installer (naively), forgetting that rooting it before might have been a good idea. Now when I try to root it I cannot use odin since it will not recognize my phone (ive tried changing the usb port, cable, computer). Thanks,
Geraint :)

Step 1. Download and flash the stock Samsung firmware for your model of phone and CSC code. See #1.7 of Jelly Bean update - Dummies Guide.

Step 2. Re-root your phone using Rooting Galaxy S2 - Dummies Guide

Upvote 0
Thanks slug :) I have changed the options funkylogik but id like to be able to 'properly' fully root so I can overclock, change to another custom rom etc :)
To overclock you'll want a custom kernel.
To change to another rom just download it and flash it in recovery (make a nandroid backup in recovery first) most roms are already rooted. It's just that cm keep it unrooted by default for some reason :thumbsupdroid:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones