• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [T-Mobile] How to root T-Mobile S3

Have youi ever used the tool kit, because I am having a little problem with it.
I got everything installed and was going smoothly up until loading ODIN flash tool. I got the green box to show on it, and the instructions said to exit Odin, which I did. But now, the tool kit is saying "adbd cannot run as root in production builds". It has been there for about an half hour now. I don't know if I can disconnect the cable, press any keys, or anything.

Upvote 0
Have youi ever used the tool kit, because I am having a little problem with it.
I got everything installed and was going smoothly up until loading ODIN flash tool. I got the green box to show on it, and the instructions said to exit Odin, which I did. But now, the tool kit is saying "adbd cannot run as root in production builds". It has been there for about an half hour now. I don't know if I can disconnect the cable, press any keys, or anything.

I've used his toolkit for Nexus 10 tablet but I'm not familiar with it for the S3. I'm looking at a picture of it and It says it will guide you through using Odin to flash a boot image and then when the phone reboots su and superuser will be installed.

I'm not sure why you would get that error but as long as the Odin process itself went ok I think it would be ok to unplug your phone. It just might not be rooted if adb didn't work to push the superuser files to it. Did you use the toolkit to install drivers?

Upvote 0
In the video he didn't do what the people in the comments were saying could someone confirm if this is true or not please.

25e5830bea2180569e7b6d91583aac57.png

EDIT:Someone tell me if I need to check these or not!

Upvote 0
Hello, can any one help me plz I am a compleat noob,
I have recently rooted my Samsung s3 and now having some issues can anyone point me in the right direction thanks for your time.

It would help to list the issues you are having. Kreskin is not a member of the forum. Will it power on? Is the speed slow? More information is needed to assist you.

Upvote 0
From my exeprience, using that box either way will not harm anything....at least it did not for me. I flashed twrp recovery and was told via the instructions to leave it checkmarked. Well I had not put on a rom or anything so I wanted to boot directly back into recovery so I left that box unchecked, and rebooted manually via vol UP + home button + power back into recovery, and had no adverse affects from doing so. So I'm a bit confused as to why people think or assume or say that unticking that box can cause boot loops. I have done this 2-3 times now and had no issues what so ever.
To my knowledge all that button does is tell the phone to re-boot or not to re-boot depending on if you have it checked or not.
Can someone please explain more on why it's needed to have this checked or not checked, if that's all it really does please.
If this is indeed all it does, I don't see the urgency of having it checked or not......other than convenience and making things simple for those who are not root savvy, this I can understand.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones