How to root the HTC Incredible

Last Updated:

1. Crosley123

Crosley123 Well-Known Member

Long story here but the latest software update from Verizon has totally messed up my phone. HTC agrees. They are recommending I root my phone to regain functionality? I really do not want to root but I NEED my phone tomorrow.

Can someone point me to the best way to root the HTC Incredible safely and with the latest and greatest? Help...?

Thanks...appreciated.:confused:

Advertisement
    brahem likes this.
  2. ardchoille

ardchoille Well-Known Member

Moved to Incredible - All Things Root for better exposure.

Also, have a look at the Incredible Root Guide, that post has some root methods for the various Android versions.
  3. Crosley123

Thanks...Advice anyone?
  4. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

5. Crosley123

Started reading the thread but it seems pretty far over my head. Never rooted before....
  6. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

It's really not that hard, just seems that way because it because it is so detailed. Read the directions a couple times before attempting, then just take it a step at a time and you'll have no problem.
    scotty85 likes this.
  7. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

Feel free to post in that thread if you have questions :)
  8. BodyExtreme

BodyExtreme Member

Hi,

I have a Verizon HTC Incredible Droid. I spent considerable time last year trying to root it. It's all a blur right now but I went to all the links above plus many, many more and finally after having absolutely no success, came across a post somewhere that said that this particular model was virtually impossible to root. (And boy, is it!)

Here are some phone basic details:
    Model number: ADR6300
    Android version: 2.3.4
    Kernel version: 2.6.25.13-g22d3486
    Build number: 4.08.605.19 CL539174 release-keys
    Software number: 4.08.605.19 710RD

The reason I'm jumping in here is that these posts are from March '13. (Hot off the press.) My hope is that perhaps since last year, someone has finally found a way to root this great phone. If anyone is familiar with this predicament and the final solution to it, please let me know. (If you're not familiar with this issue, please don't waste our time asking if I did all the standard procedures. I did them all! And I don't give up easily.)

Again, I'm sorry for the lack of details (errors messages, websites, utilities,etc.). But I hope you get the gist of this. Thanks!

Paul
  9. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

Check out post 4 ;)
  10. BodyExtreme

BodyExtreme Member

Been there, done that. Note that the linked thread was posted April 13th, 2012.
  11. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

Note that the most recent replys are on 4-27-13. The linked thread is your best bet. Feel free to post in that thread whatever issues you had(if you'd been there and comepletd it successfully you'd be s off and rooted ;))
  12. BodyExtreme

BodyExtreme Member

Thanks Scotty! I will most definitely check it out. Many thanks!:)
  13. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

Anytime :) it has proven to be very reliable,just holler if you have questions :)
  14. BodyExtreme

BodyExtreme Member

Roger that!
  15. BodyExtreme

BodyExtreme Member

Hey Scotty,

With 14 pages to wade through, which do you recommend I focus on (besides the 1st, of course)? Thanks again!

Paul
  16. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

Just the first post in that thread is all you need. If you follow the directions exactly ( don't skim) . You shouldn't have any problems :) but obviously if you have any problems, post in the thread or start a new one.
    scotty85 likes this.
  17. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

Yup! First post is all you need. If you have a prollem post up,then search the thread for answers while you wait for help. After this much time,its unlikely you'll encounter a prollem that hasn't been mentioned :)