• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to root the HTC Wildfire S (S-on) Marvelc/Marvel Compiled Procedure January 2013

Where did root-assistant.zip come from? I'd like to root my phone but I'm a bit worried about the software used to do so.

Thanks,
Nick

The root assistant comes from a collection of tried and trusted sources. As long as you follow the instructions it will work without issue. Many people have used the software and gained root on their phones. If you need further help, PM me.

Reactions: savoiu
Upvote 0
Thanks for your tutorial....its quite elaborate and easy...
But i got stuck in Step 5.
After selecting 'perm root' and clicking 'run', command prompt starts and shows:

E:\hTC\Phone Unroot\root-assistant\All In One Kit\data>adb kill-server

E:\hTC\Phone Unroot\root-assistant\All In One Kit\data>adb push Su/SuperSU.zip /
sdcard/SuperSU.zip
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
** daemon still not runningerror: cannot connect to daemon
Go to Install Zip From SD Card
Choose Zip From SD Card
Locate SuperSU.zip and flash it
Press the back button and then reboot the phone
You are now rooted!

E:\hTC\Phone Unroot\root-assistant\All In One Kit\data>adb reboot recovery
adb server is out of date. killing...

E:\hTC\Phone Unroot\root-assistant\All In One Kit\data>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

And meanwhile phone get stuck in white screen with hTC logo in it.....
Please help me..

Upvote 0
Thanks for your tutorial....its quite elaborate and easy...
But i got stuck in Step 5.
After selecting 'perm root' and clicking 'run', command prompt starts and shows:

E:\hTC\Phone Unroot\root-assistant\All In One Kit\data>adb kill-server

E:\hTC\Phone Unroot\root-assistant\All In One Kit\data>adb push Su/SuperSU.zip /
sdcard/SuperSU.zip
** daemon still not runningerror: cannot connect to daemon
Go to Install Zip From SD Card
Choose Zip From SD Card
Locate SuperSU.zip and flash it
Press the back button and then reboot the phone
You are now rooted!

E:\hTC\Phone Unroot\root-assistant\All In One Kit\data>adb reboot recovery
adb server is out of date. killing...

E:\hTC\Phone Unroot\root-assistant\All In One Kit\data>pause

And meanwhile phone get stuck in white screen with hTC logo in it.....
Please help me..

First question before we get into this... have you got the recovery on your phone, and can you boot to recovery ? If you don't know, try HBOOT >> FASTBOOT >> RECOVERY and check.
If you can get into recovery then all is well... simply remove your SD card and connect it via PC, locate the SuperSU.zip and copy to the main root of the SD card. Replace the SD card into your device.
Start phone by holding the volume key in 'UP' position' while pressing the 'Power' button. This should get you into HBOOT. Select FASTBOOT >> RECOVERY. After a few seconds you will see the TWRP REcovery Screen. In recovery you need to select 'Install from SD' or 'Install from Zip' and then locate and select the SuperSU.zip. Click 'Install'. You should see 'Install Successful' after a short time. THis being the case, the device is rooted, or should be.
If you can't get into recovery or failed to install it, we will go from there. I'm here everyday, so WILL respond at some stage if not immediately.

Reactions: rahin
Upvote 0
STEP 3.

NOTE:Download the file root_assistant.zip Found at end of post.) Create a new folder that is easy to navigate to on your PC and the unzip the contents of the zip directly into your new folder. Name the folder 'Phone Root' or something.

NOW DO A BACKUP OF YOUR PHONE ... RIGHT NOW!

a) Before you begin UNMOUNT YOUR SD CARD ( Menu>>Settings>>SD & Storage>>Unmount SD Card .) Then you need to set your phone in debugging mode: menu>>settings>>applications>>developement>> check the box for debug mode.
Also you need to ensure 'fastboot' is checked: Menu>>settings>>power>>fastboot ...check the box...
Then finally, your 'connect to pc' needs to be set on "Charge Only" - menu>>settings>>connect to pc>>charge only <--- VERY IMPORTANT

b) Connect your phone via the USB to the PC, wait about 30 seconds.

c) Go to the ALL In One Kit folder located inside your new folder, open and launch the tool kit interface by clicking the root_assistant.exe icon in the folder.

d)Allow the program to start and DO NOT TOUCH YOUR PHONE UNTIL DIRECTED.

**** MAKE SURE YOU ARE IN FASTBOOT USB BEFORE PROCEEDING ****

e) Once started, on the tool kit interface look on the RIGHT hand side and select the TWRP for your phone, either GSM or CMDA or the 'OWN RECOVERY' (I Recommended TWRP v2.2.2.0 which is already set as "own Recovery" and works with both CDMA and GSM)

What do you mean by this line ''**** MAKE SURE YOU ARE IN FASTBOOT USB BEFORE PROCEEDING ****''
After starting root-assistant application phone doesn't go into fastboot usb, only after clicking 'flash recovery' it goes into fastboot...
Am i doing something wrong or it is alright??

Upvote 0
I need some help here.

Initially I got as far as Step 5 with the same messages as Rahin has posted. The phone got hung up on the white trying to restart. Eventually I took out the battery and restarted back into FLASHBOOT and it sort of gave me a "SD loading ... no image!" or something error (flashed by quickly, so I didn't get to read it in detail). I was worried that the flash recovery didn't work somehow and thought maybe I should try that whole step again.

I think I successfully flashed the recovery this time, and the phone rebooted to the normal HTC user menu. At this point I wasn't sure what you meant by 4c (did you want the recovery flashed twice, or was that just for users who had previousy failed theirs?) but I figured that for Step 5 ("Once reconnected to the PC...") I should be back in FLASHBOOT USB. I powered down the phone, took out the battery, put it back in, then accidentally turned it back on normally again, at which point it seemed to stick on the HTC white loading screen. I waited a while, tried turning it off with the button, and finally took out re-inserted the battery. Currently in normal HTC user mode. I think I'll await for help before I fiddle with it further! Gryffon, if you're around, I'd really appreciate some advice getting these last steps completed. :) This is the last message I got when I flashed the recovery:

C:~\Phone Root\root-assistant\All In One Kit\data>adb kil
l-server

C:~\Phone Root\root-assistant\All In One Kit\data>adb reb
oot bootloader
error: device not found

C:~\Phone Root\root-assistant\All In One Kit\data>fastboo
t flash recovery Recoveries/recovery.img
sending 'recovery' (4924 KB)... OKAY [ 1.709s]
writing 'recovery'... OKAY [ 2.296s]
finished. total time: 4.005s

t reboot
rebooting...
finished. total time: 0.096s

C:~\Phone Root\root-assistant\All In One Kit\data>pause

I'm not sure what's happening with the error regarding adb reboot bootloader: was I supposed to have moved that file somewhere? Is that the problem?

When I go into FASTBOOT USB, there is no RECOVERY option in following menu there. There IS a RECOVERY option in the first menu, but that's not under the "FASTBOOT" selection. When I click it the phone restars and gets up on the white screen. What do?

Upvote 0
I need some help here.

Initially I got as far as Step 5 with the same messages as Rahin has posted. The phone got hung up on the white trying to restart. Eventually I took out the battery and restarted back into FLASHBOOT and it sort of gave me a "SD loading ... no image!" or something error (flashed by quickly, so I didn't get to read it in detail). I was worried that the flash recovery didn't work somehow and thought maybe I should try that whole step again.

I think I successfully flashed the recovery this time, and the phone rebooted to the normal HTC user menu. At this point I wasn't sure what you meant by 4c (did you want the recovery flashed twice, or was that just for users who had previousy failed theirs?) but I figured that for Step 5 ("Once reconnected to the PC...") I should be back in FLASHBOOT USB. I powered down the phone, took out the battery, put it back in, then accidentally turned it back on normally again, at which point it seemed to stick on the HTC white loading screen. I waited a while, tried turning it off with the button, and finally took out re-inserted the battery. Currently in normal HTC user mode. I think I'll await for help before I fiddle with it further! Gryffon, if you're around, I'd really appreciate some advice getting these last steps completed. :) This is the last message I got when I flashed the recovery:

C:~\Phone Root\root-assistant\All In One Kit\data>adb kil
l-server

C:~\Phone Root\root-assistant\All In One Kit\data>adb reb
oot bootloader
error: device not found

t flash recovery Recoveries/recovery.img
sending 'recovery' (4924 KB)... OKAY [ 1.709s]
writing 'recovery'... OKAY [ 2.296s]
finished. total time: 4.005s

t reboot
rebooting...
finished. total time: 0.096s

C:~\Phone Root\root-assistant\All In One Kit\data>pause

I'm not sure what's happening with the error regarding adb reboot bootloader: was I supposed to have moved that file somewhere? Is that the problem?

When I go into FASTBOOT USB, there is no RECOVERY option in following menu there. There IS a RECOVERY option in the first menu, but that's not under the "FASTBOOT" selection. When I click it the phone restars and gets up on the white screen. What do?

Hello, I'm more concerned with the fact that the "error Device Not Found" is showing in the dialogue, then the program is pausing. This indicates that the program failed because your device drivers are not installed correctly.
This can be due to OTA Updates on your phone, in which case it will be difficult to get around.
Saying that, it has been sometime since I posted this, but do still have the rooted WFS here, so I will have to run everything again to understand what the problem is. If you are willing to give me a little time to check everything my end I will help all I can to resolve your issue.

Upvote 0
and hey bro, i need a lil more assistance on installing custom roms... i have been lookin for roms over web there are some roms (or i should say mostly) which require to have CWM recovery... is there any harm if a person having TWRP recovery installs such a rom? i've this JB rom .zip in my laptop but im confused to load it to my phone just because of this confusion. hope you reply to me soon... :) and can you please let me know about the threats involved in loading a custom rom? the threat of getting a phone 'bricked' is just there while you're rooting it or it can also happen after you load a custom rom?

Upvote 0
Dear All,
I have wildfire s, running on android version 4.0.4, it gets stuck during some program and then have to remove the battery and to restart again to work.
more over some times the key pad lock ring, is slow to react at times.
it has been working perfectly untill suddenly it started behaving like this.
I tried reseting few times to factory reset but still the same problem.
I shall appreciate help.

Upvote 0
I am having exactly the same situation as rahin.
I received the message the phone was rooted and at the same time the message: "adb reboot recovery adb server is out of date"

So now I don't know if my phone is rooted or not also I can't boot into recovery. When i try HBOOT >> FASTBOOT >> RECOVERY, it gets stuck in white screen with HTC logo. If I remove the battery and start the phone again it loads normally with all my contacts, apps, messages etc so now I don't know whether the recovery actually worked or not and whether the phone is rooted or not. I don't know what should be my next step. I also just tried flashing with the recovery.img that was posted on Caro332 link and after doing the perm root I get the message the phone was rooted and at the same time the message: "adb reboot recovery adb server is out of date" the phone restart and goes straight into the ClockworkMod Recovery screen the black screen with light blue tabs that was mentioned above but if i go to option advanced>reboot recovery then the same happens white screen with HTC logo. I don't know what should I do!

Also I did not understand about the SU part of this tutorial can someone explain a little more detail how I verify the SU and how I get that installed??

I would really appreciate to have more information on how to proceed!

Thank you
Debora

Upvote 0
Hi

first of all sorry for repeating this post which I have already added to the support section, but I didnt see this post until now.

I am a noobie to all this, and I am looking to fix the issue I have with my HTC Wildfire S, after updating to v2.3.5 my earpiece no longer works.

I am hoping to be able to rollback to the previous version and would like some help on how to go about it, or if this is not the correct solution I would really appreciate some assistance to resolving my issue.

Any help would be gratefully received. many thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones