• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Avail] How To Root/UnRoot (Full Guide) (Update 3/5)

K, got down to the command before reboot, and got this:

Code:
~/AndroidSDK/platform-tools> adb shell "echo \"ro.kernel.qemu=1\" > /data/local.prop" 
cannot create /data/local.prop: permission denied
I also just got a call, which I ignored. Not sure if that'll be a problem. I sure hope not. I'm stopping exactly right here and not touching the phone until I get some kind of answer. Thanks again!

Edit - also switched back over to OpenSuSE, if that makes a difference. SDK was easier to set up there.

Upvote 0
When I get to the adb shell "echo \"ro.kernel.qemu=1\" > /data/local.prop" I keep getting an error saying cannot create /data/local.prop: permission denied. How can I create that file? I'm still trying to find more information other places but not having a lot of luck so far. I've been copying and pasting all the codes so I don't mess anything up but I'm not having any luck so far. Everything else seems to go smoothly except for creating the /data/local.prop and pushing su into /system/xbin/. Where am I messing up at??

I talked to a friend who's pretty good with this stuff and he said I need to make my phone re-writable but I'm Having trouble figuring out how to do that :/

Upvote 0
When I get to the adb shell "echo \"ro.kernel.qemu=1\" > /data/local.prop" I keep getting an error saying cannot create /data/local.prop: permission denied. How can I create that file? I'm still trying to find more information other places but not having a lot of luck so far. I've been copying and pasting all the codes so I don't mess anything up but I'm not having any luck so far. Everything else seems to go smoothly except for creating the /data/local.prop and pushing su into /system/xbin/. Where am I messing up at??

I am having the same trouble and don't know what else to do. Any help is really accepted.

Upvote 0
why are yall doing the adb install and push this and put that file in this?
open Dialer
1.) Dial *983*7668# (do not hit send - you should see a message come up about being root let it set for 5 to 10 mins)
2.) Dial *983*24737# (do not hit send - you should see a message saying disabling QID)
3.) Go to market and download and install Superuser by chainsdd or ddchains -- should be the first in the list
4.) Run Superuser, hit the menu button, then select preferences, scroll down to Su Binary and do the update
then you should be all set,then install busybox and titanium backup.

Upvote 0
So mike are you saying not to do any of the above stuff? And just start by doing what you just posted?
Im going to have to try this. Cus i never even seen the horse pic come up in the cdm box so i was having issues right from the start and never got to finish anthonys way. Not sure why it wasnt working but whatever.
also when putting that code into the dialer do i have to wait the 5 to 10 mins for something to happen? Cus if i hit call then i do get a finding ssdm code which then says not found error. So should i just put the code in the dialer and wait to see what happens without hitting send? Thanks

Upvote 0
Ok ignore my post above this mike. BUT i am having an issue. First dialer worked and said wait for root. Second dialer said disable QID. Is that right or should it say disabling QID? I downloaded super and the other stuff for the heck of it and superuser is saying the following when i tried the su update...

Fixing database... okay
Checking for busybox... okay
Checking install path /system/bin/su
Downloading new binary... okay
Checking md5sum... okay
gaining root access...
Checking installed version=fail

And thats where it ends. Titanium says no root access. Cant continue. So yea issue with that too.. let me know whats up if u have an idea lol. Thanks man.

Upvote 0
Do you have a good over the air signal (not wifi). My wifes did that. I live out past the sticks and dont have a good signal here. I needed at less 3 bars for it to pass. So yes you are on the right path. After you get Checking installed version=passed it should ask you for root permission. if not run it again then it will ask you that.Then you will be rooted.

Upvote 0
Yea idk if shutting down helped but i did that then it worked. Man everyone needs to do thisethod. Its so easy! Mike if i were to now get rid of root di i just uninstall super, busybox, and titanium? Or does that end up having my preloaded apps i deleted to come back? I thought i could choose to put the preloaded apps on sd or uninstall. All i see is uninstall via the titanium though. Am i missing something? Or is it in the paid version?

Upvote 0
Wow thanks to titanium i see something that looks not too right? Lol. My system rom is 230mb but apparently only 48.7 left? Wtf is that about lol?. I barely have anything left on my phone to take up memory thanks to root and titanium letting me uninstall crap. And i have over half of my 170 mb phone memory left so wtf gives with that seemingly low rom left?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones