How to route FM Radio to bluetooth headsetSupport

Last Updated:

1. wcyandroid

wcyandroid New Member This Topic's Starter

I need to use bluetooth headset for FM radio when in the gym, but we all already know that you need to plug in wired headset to use as antenna.

Problem is, as soon as you plug in wired headset, music goes to the wired headset. You can only choose to route music to the speakers by default.

So, the question is, does anyone know how I can route FM radio music to the bluetooth headset instead of to the speakers? I don't mind leaving the wires attached for use as antenna. This must be possible through some fix or 3rd party software that I am not aware about.

Please help.......

Advertisement
  2. Fishyweb

Fishyweb Well-Known Member

Hi. Did you find a solution for this? I'd be interested in this as well.

3. anthgav

anthgav Well-Known Member

You could use this app which will give all the radio stations you require but through the internet. You would be able to use this while connected to your bluetooth. I use it with a bluetooth car stereo and it is very good quality.

[table][tr][td][​IMG][/td][td]TuneIn Radio
    by RadioTime Inc
    >250,000 downloads, 19522 ratings (4.5 avg)
    [/td][td]Free
    [​IMG][/td][/tr][/table]

Fishyweb likes this.
  4. Fishyweb

Not ideal for me, as the data coverage is not great in the areas I regularly drive through, and also I'm not sure how the consequent data usage will impact my carrier's FUP. So, FM to Bluetooth would be a better solution for me, if it is possible (anyone?).

I'll give TuneIn a go though and see how it works out - thanks for the pointer.

5. Fishyweb

Have just done a quick test with TuneIn, and it appears to consume approx 1 MB per minute. That will definitely bust my data plan. So looks like I definitely need to find a way to use the FM radio via Bluetooth.

6. speedycolzalez

speedycolzalez Well-Known Member

You have a mobile gym. Awesome :D