How to run JAR/JAD files on the MomentTips

Last Updated:

1. chibucks

chibucks Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thought some people may be interested in how to get JAR/JAD files running on their Samsung Moment (this should work for most Android devices, but I've been running on my Moment). I also don't think that all JAR/JAD programs convert; but so far most mine have...

1. With your JAD & JAR files, go to: Get APK and convert to an APK file

2. Save your APK file onto your SD card

3. Download AppManager (one word) or comparable program that allows you to install from your SD card

4. Install Java J2ME Runner App

5. Using AppManager, install the created apk file from your SD card

Your file should be found both in your main folder; as well as in the J2ME's "App Manager". You may need to play with the configuration to get the program to fit alright. I have Auto detect Game Canvas clicked; but have had to change it for a few games...

It's not perfect, but it seems to work alright with some of my old java games.

Advertisement
  2. kahale

kahale Well-Known Member

have you tried opera mini with this method. the android version of opera mini on the market place doesn't work with the moment. i used a java emulator on my old wm6.1 Q9c and got it to run. i tried the j2me runner app on the market and couldn't get opera mini to install and run before.

update: tried it and it doesn't work with 4.2 only with 3.1 which was hideous with the default fonts. removed.