1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

How to save all game progress on The Tribez to transfer to another device

1. viv1610

viv1610 Member

I have been playing The Tribez on my HTC Inspire 4G for the last few months and have gotten pretty far on it. But lately my phone has been giving me a lot of issues and I decided to upgrade to the Samsung S 3. I was wanting to transfer the game to the S 3 but have decided it makes more sense to put it on my N7 Tablet as that won't be upgraded any time soon.

Here's my issue. The game cannot be moved to the SD card on my phone. That button is grayed out. I emailed support for the game and their response follows here:

You can make a backup of your saves using your device's software or any third-party software which provides such options.
    You can load the backup with the help of the device you used to make it.
    At the moment our players make backup themselves.
    Please, download special programmes to make a backup and follow their instructions.

Personally I found that response to be about as unhelpful as no response at all. If I knew what program to use I wouldn't have emailed them.

So my phone is not rooted (no idea how to do that).
    I tried using Dropbox and Astro file manager (per a post I read on another site) but the game did not install with my progress saved when I tried moving it to the tablet. I was back at square 1 when I opened it up on my tablet.
    Whenever I do open the game it says,"please wait. Extracting resources" then the game loads (does that mean the files of my progress are somewhere on my phone?)

Does anyone here know what program/utility I can use to move the game with all my progress saved over to my tablet? I hate the idea of starting all over from the beginning. I'm at level 44 right now.

Thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Italo

Italo Well-Known Member

The only way I know of to backup app data is using Titanium Backup. It's a great app, but requires root. Which mean you would have to root your HTC Desire, as well as your Nexus 7. If you're willing to root them, you would just need to backup the app+data, copy the backup to the tablet and install it through Titanium Backup there.
  3. viv1610

viv1610 Member

(showing my lack of knowledge here) Will rooting my tablet void the warranty? The phone is old so already past it's warranty. Probably have to get or ask my daughter's fiance to help me with rooting them.

Thanks!
  4. sparh4wk

sparh4wk New Member

"Rooting" any device under warranty will void it. I quit playing Tribez when Tribez & Castlez came out. It DOES NOT SUPPORT ANY TRANSFER TO ANOTHER DEVICE! If Tribez lets you, good for you. T & C I've had to start from scratch 3 times in 4 months and file claims to get purchases refunded (sort of) twice. NO PROGRESS IS SAVED. The first claim took 33 days. The last one 18 days. There's now supposed to be a way to back up to Google but they didn't bother to explain how.
    Sparh4wk HTC One M8
  5. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

^^Helium Backup should be able to back stuff up and transfer it to another device, no root required.

I've not used it for Tribez (never played it), but it has worked with other apps/games I've used.
    sparh4wk likes this.
  6. sparh4wk

sparh4wk New Member

Will try Helium. Thanks! It will be a good, maybe more complete backup than "Drive" or "McAfee All Access". Certainly better than HTC's "copy via USB to a folder on your PC"! Info update: Game Insight supports SAME DEVICE restoration for a limited time with Tribez & Castlez. They don't give precise answers but my impression is 8 to 30 hours info is retained on their servers dependent on traffic levels. Sadly it takes 3-5 days for a response telling you to wait even longer! It still appears "impossible" to backup game progress and installing on a different device won't work as the "software is different". Even an exact device replacement generates a new game and Support ID code. How hard can it be to do generic cross platform coding for progress and purchases? A simple binary or text file, even encrypted, would do cross platform just fine.
    Note: Helium not compatible with HTC One M8, "nothing to open file with".
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2014