• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to save and read back sharedpreferences with a RESTful web service in android?

getja

Lurker
Sep 5, 2011
The current app that I'm creating is using gson to parse and populate a listview via a remotely hosted json file. I have an options menu inside my app that I would like to use that will allow users to select/deselect items so that they will either show (if selected) or not show (if deselected) inside the listview that is shown on screen via the remote json file.

My question is, how do I go about implementing this function? Can I simply use a shared preferences? Is it even possible to hide certain list items while using a json file?

I've been having a lot of trouble trying to figure this out so any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones