1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

How to save MP4 videos on SD card?

1. jswarb001

jswarb001 Member

Hi just a basic question hopefully from a new user. I have an MP4 video on my PC that I want to copy onto my sd card. When I connect the phone I can see various folders including MP3, however there isnt one for either videos (or photos for that matter). Do I just create one purely for videos and then it will play once it is dropped in there or is there something I am missing?

Similalry if I want to copy photos do I just create a specific folder for photos and the phone will just "pick them up" when I go into the photos icon?

thanks

Advertisement
  2. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

The phone scans the entire SD card for media. So it doesn't really matter where you put it. Creating and putting the video in a Video folder is entirely up to you since Android isn't particularly picky about it.
  3. silverrocket

silverrocket Member

the phone will create a file for photos and videos they will be in the same place (the gallery ) and when you open the sd card on your pc the photos will be in a file called dcim and your music( mp3's )will be in music along with videos
  4. jonwlewis

jonwlewis Well-Known Member

Create a folder called media. Inside the media folder, create a folder called video. Save them in there. O then use Act 1 Video Player. It works the best according to me.

Sent from my Sprint HTC Hero with Tapatalk.
  5. Beerkan

Beerkan Well-Known Member

No need to create specific folders on your SD card, other than to make it easier for you.

Checkout mVideoPlayer. Scans all media for playable content and displays it ready to play.

Plays lots of video formats, and oh yeah, it's free.

mVideoPlayer Android application | Android Tapp