How to save pix to your phone using a wifi connection??

Last Updated:

1. islandmixed

islandmixed Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anybody know how to do this...i want to add contacts pix while i store new numbers but i dont see option to save pix to the sd card/phone

cheers

Advertisement
  2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

You can add pictures to the sd card when you mount the phone using usb? I'm unsure what you mean :p

3. quantumrand

quantumrand Well-Known Member

I use an app on the Marketplace called FTPServer. It lets you turn your phone into an FTP server through which you can access from your usual FTP clients (such as FileZilla). You just setup your username, password, and port. Then to connect, you use the IP address of your phone (FTPServer will say it at the top) and the login details you setup.

You can even set it up so that you can access it through the mobile internet as well, but I haven't tried that, so I dont know which ports will work.

4. kutsushita

kutsushita Well-Known Member

I'm guessing you're trying to save a picture from your browser then upload it as a contact image... find your picture then press and hold down on it until a menu pops up. you should see an option to save to sd card from there and then when you look for the image it'll be under albums/downloaded. Hope this helps!

5. ianr

ianr Well-Known Member

You can add pictures on your PC to contacts via the GMail contacts editor, they will then sync to your phone. I tend to just put a photo on my monitor then go into the phone's contact view, hit the default contact image and take a photo of the screen ;-)

6. islandmixed

islandmixed Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

YES thats exactly what i want to do...its just time consuming connecting the usb each time i want to add a pic to a contact. i will try this & hopefully it works. i cant understand why it would not.

thanx