• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to save power?

Sure! It is built into the phone. It's very easy:
To use the Power Control shortcut bar:
1. From the Home screen, touch and hold an empty area until the Add to Home screen menu displays.

2. Touch Android Widgets ➔ Power Control. The Power Control shortcut is added to the second panel of the Home screen.

3. Touch one of the icons on the Power Control shortcut bar to activate the application. A green bar displayed beneath the icon means the application was activated (turned on).

4. Touch one of the icons a second time to deactivate the application. The green bar is removed from beneath the icon which means the application was deactivated (turned off).

Hi. I'm new to this forum and to androids and I did what you said for the same problem and I went back and did it more than once and now I have several Power Control Bars on my screen and can't figure out how to delete them? Please help!

Upvote 0
Hi. I'm new to this forum and to androids and I did what you said for the same problem and I went back and did it more than once and now I have several Power Control Bars on my screen and can't figure out how to delete them? Please help!

Just press and hold, then drag to the "trash can" at the bottom of the screen. No more power control bar. ;)

Upvote 0
to save battery when your screen is off:
open root explorer, go to /system and right click (by long pressing) the build.prop and click open in text editor. scroll to the bottom and enter the line ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=1
you can also set to scan wifi networks not that often by typing in
wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=150 (that will make your phone scan for wifi networks every 1.5 min)
reboot your phone twice afterwards
your build.prop will automatically get backed up when changes will be made while exiting

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones