How to save text message pix on Moto X?General

Last Updated:

1. bixler777

bixler777 Well-Known Member

Using the STOCK text app....i can't seem to see how to save a photo coming to me in a text message?

i can save email pix w/o a problem....but i don't see any option for doing so for pix received in a text message.

(yes, other text apps can do this, but how to do it on the stock app?)

2. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I've been using Hangouts for SMS lately, but, as I recall, if you long-press in the blank white area next to the photo, a menu will be exposed with an option to save the photo to storage. I believe that they are stored on the downloads folder; there is an "app" in the app drawer that shows files in the downloads folder.
  3. bixler777

thanks. the long press next to the pic DID offer me a 'save attachment' option...but now i can't find the pic now that i've saved it!

it's not in the Downloads, folder, so dunno where else to look?
  4. jboyx4

jboyx4 New Member

I just tried saving a picture. It does go to downloads. To access it from the gallery,press the top left part of the screen and choose "TIMELINE".
  5. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Yeah, just looked - they go into a folder called "Download" which you don't see from that downloads app. Silly. Just get a file manager app from the play store, like Astro, and you'll find them in "Download". Or maybe a gallery app from the play store that searches for photos in all of storage.
  6. bixler777

ok...went to Gallery, then to the upper left bars....chose "TIMELINE", and voila: there they were!

interesting how that is.

btw...anyway to make them appear in the regular 'Camera Roll' when first launching Gallery (w/o having to take the extra step to chose Timeline)?

thanks again. glad to be here.