How to save text message pix on Moto X?General

1. bixler777

bixler777 Well-Known Member

Using the STOCK text app....i can't seem to see how to save a photo coming to me in a text message?

i can save email pix w/o a problem....but i don't see any option for doing so for pix received in a text message.

(yes, other text apps can do this, but how to do it on the stock app?)

thx.

Advertisement
    :
  2. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I've been using Hangouts for SMS lately, but, as I recall, if you long-press in the blank white area next to the photo, a menu will be exposed with an option to save the photo to storage. I believe that they are stored on the downloads folder; there is an "app" in the app drawer that shows files in the downloads folder.
  3. bixler777

thanks. the long press next to the pic DID offer me a 'save attachment' option...but now i can't find the pic now that i've saved it!

it's not in the Downloads, folder, so dunno where else to look?
  4. jboyx4

jboyx4 New Member

I just tried saving a picture. It does go to downloads. To access it from the gallery,press the top left part of the screen and choose "TIMELINE".
  5. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Yeah, just looked - they go into a folder called "Download" which you don't see from that downloads app. Silly. Just get a file manager app from the play store, like Astro, and you'll find them in "Download". Or maybe a gallery app from the play store that searches for photos in all of storage.
  6. bixler777

ok...went to Gallery, then to the upper left bars....chose "TIMELINE", and voila: there they were!

thanks.

interesting how that is.

btw...anyway to make them appear in the regular 'Camera Roll' when first launching Gallery (w/o having to take the extra step to chose Timeline)?

thanks again. glad to be here.