How to save video clips & photos from WhatsApp?Support

1. Realme

Realme Active Member

Hi!
    I'm often sent video clips and photos through the WhatsApp app. They are usually quite important to me and I'd like to save them in my Galaxy S2.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Realme

Realme Active Member

Very sorry!
    I think I posted in wrong filter. Will now post in general forum.
  3. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Well-Known Member

Just tap on the attachment (say the photo icon) and you would be able to download and save it. You can find it in the watsapp folder.
  4. Realme

Realme Active Member

Hi! Russell,
    Thanks for your response. But when I tap on the video it just plays. I'd appreciate if you would be more specific in instructing me how to go about doing it.
  5. mattyboyo

mattyboyo Well-Known Member

It just saves. It should be in your gallery and in the whatsapp folderon the internal sd card.
  6. Russell Ng

After tapping on the icon, just look for it in the folder.... It should be there.
  7. Realme

Realme Active Member

Thanks! Guys,
    Found only the photos in the internal sd card, but no videos or animations.

I'm guessing that these cannot be saved anywhere in the phone, but will be with WhatsApp. Hope I don't accidentally delete the chats.
  8. Russell Ng

Videos and Animation should also be saved. Are you looking in the watsapp folder? There are subfolders for audio, images.... etc. Just have to look deeper.

Cheers
  9. Realme

Realme Active Member

Right! Looked in the sub-folders and found the videos which appear as a series of numbers. When I tap on a series it says "No applications can perform this action". How do I know which is what or view the video/animation?
  10. pristine

pristine New Member

i too m facing the same prob in whatsapp...infact m not able to play any video from my htc explorer...
  11. Russell Ng

I haven't gotten any video files via Whatsapp so I can't tell you whether it works. Maybe you can only play the video in the Whatsapp app itself.
  12. Realme

Realme Active Member

I've long ago realized that videos recieved in Whatsapp can only be played in the Whatsapp app only (I may be wrong here).

All the videos I've recieved so far in Whatsapp comes in .mov format, which are automatically saved in the phone's sd card and must be converted to be viewed.
  13. DHiscock

DHiscock New Member

I've no problems accessing or playing my videos outside of WhatsApp on my HTC Desire S. Simply install the QuickPic app and your WhatsApp videos will be shown in a separate WhatsApp Video folder in the QuickPic gallery.

If I want to locate the video file for any reason I use OI File Manager to navigate to SD Card > WhatsApp > Media > WhatsApp Video.
  14. mehraankush

mehraankush New Member

HI,

Earlier whenever I used to download videos from whats app they were getting stored in gallery> whats app videos. Now they are not getting stored there and in file manager they are stored as numbers and unable to play them from there. Please suggest if i can store them in gallery as whatsapp videos In case I delete the chat history I'll not be able to play video
  15. LMonteros

LMonteros New Member

I have a RazrM but I imagine this will work for others as well. My camera photos are backed up to Dropbox, but photos in the other albums in the gallery aren't. I found if I tap the photo and go down to the share button, it brings up a list of places to save it. I was able to save it directly to Dropbox.