1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

How To Screen CaptureSupport

1. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welp, I'm unlocked, rooted, rom'd, modded and walleted.

But I can't show you guys. Why? Because I can get neither drocap2 or shoot me to work with the phone. Drocap2 won't even snap a picture and shoot me comes out all black.

Has anyone else had this issue? Tia.

Steven

Advertisement
  2. WormDoes

WormDoes Well-Known Member

Steven, I'm not sure if you know, but ICS has screenshot capabilities built into the OS. If you hold the power button and volume down at the same time you can take a screen cap
  3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

I didn't. Ty. Dog!
  4. WormDoes

No problem. Glad I could help
    Steven58 likes this.
  5. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Hmmm....this really smells like a true "Tip" thread...

Anyone mind if I move it to the main forum and classify it as a Tip?
  6. WormDoes

No issue with me
  7. scary alien

WD,

I'm thinking it might be better for you to just start a tip thread re. this in the main forum...that way, it'll have a nice title reflecting your information, etc.

(I'm sure you'll get quite a few thanks there, too).

Cheers!
    WormDoes likes this.
  8. WormDoes

Done :)
    scary alien likes this.
  9. jbir359

jbir359 Member

I struggled with various screen capture apps, none of which worked (kept getting black empty images), finally this tip worked without any additional apps!

THANKS!
  10. OuBoXuan

OuBoXuan New Member

I can't figure it out. I'm using Samsung Galaxy Nexus, not rooted. I press power and volume volume down, but all I see is the volume bar. I checked the Gallery but nothing appeared there.
  11. krouget

krouget Well-Known Member

You need to depress them at the same time. Doing so will show a preview, and a link to the photo in your notification bar.

Edit: it also takes a second or two of holding the buttons. This way you're not taking screen caps by accident.
    scary alien likes this.
  12. scary alien

Thanks, krouget!

I tried this again when I saw OuBoXuan's post and couldn't get it to work because I was pressing the volume-down just a tiny bit before the power button.

Then I made sure I did 'em at the same time and bingo! Screenshot saved to the /mnt/sdcard/Pictures/Screenshots folder.

Cheers!
    krouget likes this.
  13. LunchBB

LunchBB Well-Known Member

It takes a little bit of practice to get it done. You have to press both buttons literally at the same time and hold for a few seconds.
  14. joserique

joserique New Member

Hi... I found quite easy to capturr screen in my galaxy s. Its so simple as pressing the "home" button while holding down the "back" key....
  15. joserique

joserique New Member

Hi I foind quite easy to capture screen in my galaxy s. its so simple as pressing the "home" button while holding the "back" button....
    Thanks....