How to: Screenshots on the HTC EVO 4G LTESupport

Last Updated:

1. hbk129

hbk129 Active Member

For anyone who has been lucky enough to had their pre-order fulfilled.. are you able to screenshot your Evo? Unrooted specifically. I have an OG unrooted Evo and I've been unable to do screenshots for a while :-(

2. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

Yes you can take screen shots without root.
    hbk129 likes this.
  3. Sauske

Sauske Well-Known Member

The Power + Volume down to take the screenshot on a GNexus, I don't know if HTC has switch the button combo...But Google stated that this a standard feature in ICS!
    marctronixx likes this.
  4. NeoteriX

NeoteriX Well-Known Member

Hold down power button and then hit the Home softkey to screenshot.
    Mdraej99, firebirdude, KaeEss and 2 others like this.
  5. mikem0269

mikem0269 Well-Known Member

Is there any way to change the picture format from png to jpeg. Or change the compression on the mms in the stock texts. The screen shot in png format is terible when conpressed and sent. The text if any is unreadable.
  6. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Not sure about stock, but most rooted roms allow you to change the MMS compression
  7. Fifth313ment

Fifth313ment Member

A temp fix is to attach a screenshot image you don't want to an MMS and then add another image and then put the real screenshot you want. Then simply delete the first slide (hold or press next to the slide you want and there will be a popup option to delete the slide) and your image will be fixed and high quality. This doesn't seem to work for normal pics taken with the cam but they're not quite as bad as the screenshots when compressed. Enjoy and if it works give me some thanks and like!

mikem0269 and sikclown like this.
  8. Mdraej99

Mdraej99 Well-Known Member

So I just learned if you hold the power button and volume get a screen shot in a new folder celled screenshot. But if you use the power button and the home button it goes into the camera shots folder. I love this phone!!
    mikem0269 likes this.
  9. mikem0269

mikem0269 Well-Known Member

Thank you Yes this works But now I want to know WHY????