• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how to select what directories appear in gallery?

I've found a lot of threads that suggest adding a blank notepad file titled ".nomedia" to any folder I don't want scanned- this won't accomplish what I want, because I still want my mp3s/media files scanned by my mp3 player.

Does anyone know a way to tell the gallery app which folders to scan/look at, or any other way to prevent album art from showing up in the gallery?

Thanks in advance!

Does anyone know a way to tell the gallery app which folders to scan/look at, or any other way to prevent album art from showing up in the gallery?

Thanks in advance!

There is no such option in stock gallery. But there are many 3rd party apps, like Photo Locker or Keep Safe Vault, even that so popular Hide It Pro, Hide Pictures in Vaulty, Gallery Vault, Photo Safe and let's not forget: QuickPick

There are easily hundreds of such apps. Some designated for gallery content only, while others for gallery and apps or services, to prevent 3rd party from accessing them.

Check google play to find your preferred app, to suit your needs precisely.

Reactions: shmn
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones