How to Select Which Email Account to Send a Message From?

Last Updated:

1. ink3d

ink3d New Member This Topic's Starter

On the droid, I've got my corporate email, my gmail and my yahoo setup. However, when I click on a mailto link, it only sends from my corporate email.

How can I change it so that I can select which account I want to send from when I click on a link?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. smegoul

smegoul Active Member

Same question. It appears that the problem is with the 2 types of 'email' apps. One is specific to Gmail and the other is where your corporate email got setup. You cannot unselect the option to 'send from this account' in your corporate settings because that is probably the only account you have there.
    I was going to setup an additional one, perhaps my yahoo, just to see if I can make that one the default.

If anyone has an answer before I attempt this I'd sure like to know.

Phil

3. polakatl

polakatl Member

I believe there is no way to do this using the gmail app. An alternative way to get it done is add your other accounts in the gmail app and set them up to sync manually.

Then when you open gmail app tap menu and select accounts. Open the account you want to send from and tap compose. I set them up to manual sync because I have all my addresses forwarded to my main account and I use the others just to send from on the Droid. When I use the web interface I simple select send from.

I hope this makes sense and holds you over. I would like to think the developers are working on this essential feature

4. Ziani

Ziani Well-Known Member

When I go into menu from the gmail apps I dont see an option to add another gmail account?