How to set email signature? (none-gmail account)

1. olly

olly Member

My gmail account was easy to set up, and by going into options/settings I can edit my signature. But the option for editing/adding a signature on a none-gmail account is nowhere to be seen. What gives?

Thanks for your help!

Advertisement
  2. DGalt

DGalt Well-Known Member

When you edit your gmail signature, is that just for emails sent from your phone or just your gmail account in general?

It'd be nice if people knew I was sending stuff from my phone (might excuse typing errors more readily lol)
  3. rawness

rawness Well-Known Member

Emails sent from your Droid will NOT have the signature you set up from the PC. You must set up one on the Droid, thus you can let people know you're on your phone if you want.

This is great, cuz I'm the opposite of you; I don't want people knowing where I'm sending my emails from.
  4. knickerbocker

knickerbocker Well-Known Member

It is not there. It irks me.
  5. olly

olly Member

Seriously? Can anyone else confirm this?

I figured I was missing something. If there really isn't a way to set a mobile signature for my corporate email then this thing is pointless and I need to return it.

Anyone? :confused:
  6. olly

olly Member

Can someone please jump in and clarify this? Thanks.
  7. jar265

jar265 New Member

According to the Motorola Droid forum, the non-Gmail app does not allow for signatures. At least not yet. The moderators said they are aware it's missing and is on the list for some future upgrade. Doesn't do us much good for now though. . .
  8. knickerbocker

knickerbocker Well-Known Member

They better update this or I am going to be pissed. I need a signature for my outlook e-mails.
  9. olly

olly Member

Thanks jar265.

Wow that's quite a bit "whoops" on Google's part. I hope it's fixed soon because this just won't work for me...
  10. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

11. Stafford

Stafford New Member

Wow -- that's such a succinct way of putting it. Very nicely said.
  12. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

I think people forget that part about Android. It's not what it has, it's what it could have, easily, cheaply.

I appreciate that Android didn't install a bunch of software that I neither wanted nor needed. Okay, there's a few(Amazon Mp3), I'll admit that. my T-Mobile Wing(Windows Mobile) was almost FULL when I got it. They loaded it with all kinds of crap I had no need for and could not get rid of. Heck if I don't like the way Android did the OS I can always root and get cyanogen or something else. With Windows I had to do all these hacks, overclock the processor, and make registry edits to get it to be half as useful as the android was out of the box.
  13. audioi

audioi Well-Known Member

I could not get K9 to run on mine?
  14. To each his own, I guess, but... wow.
  15. pkwjr

pkwjr Member

This needs to be an option and hopefully it will come soon.

If they do come out with this option, please also include the ability to delete multiple emails at one time.
  16. jmsanders83

jmsanders83 New Member

I have figured out somewhat of a temporary workaround. Download a free app called CopiPe from Android Market. This free app gives you a copy/paste tool. I have my signature stored in this app. Whenever I am done typing my email I just open the CopiPe app and click copy and then hold down on the screen for a second and click paste. I can't wait until this is a native component of Android, but for now, I have a signature again.
  17. JarrettV

JarrettV Member

i've updated the email app to include signature support
    Swerved likes this.
  18. Swerved

Swerved Member

I put it in the /system/app folder on my droid via Root Explorer. I don't see the option to add a signature in the account settings anywhere. Am I missing something?

Thx

****** EDIT: Nevermind... looks like I have it now. Thanks!!
  19. StingRay

StingRay Well-Known Member

Just found this and wanted to bump to the top....truly a great day!!!!!

Download and follow instructions at Email Signature in Android Fixed

and you now have a signature line!

Only for Rooted Droids, but hopefully will be included in a future Android OS release....
  20. cranky_dan

cranky_dan Well-Known Member

Just to clarify, K9 does NOT work with Exchange server 2007. I know that because I wanted signatures and tried K9 *just* to get 'em.

Dan
  21. GCR_Peru

GCR_Peru New Member

Hi everybody,

I have set my gmail signature in my android gmail account, but now when I respond an email, the word "Segment" (segmento in spanish) appears at the top of the message. How can I avoid this word?

Thanks for your help!